AMP and Griffith University have established the AMP Adviser Academy (AAA) Tuition Fee Bursary to encourage students to participate in the AAA program. The bursaries are available to students undertaking the Financial Planning Skills course (9200AFE) at Griffith University. Up to ten (10) Bursaries are to be awarded annually and evenly distributed across two categories:
- Category 1 - Equity
- Category 2 - Academic
Maximum Value - Tuition fee waiver for the AAA program (9200AFE) current value - $2,812.50.
Applications close: Submitted applications will be reviewed after the last day of each month.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
- Be applying to be accepted into the AMP Adviser Academy
- Have completed or be completing a Bachelor, Graduate Diploma or Masters degree from a FASEA approved provider.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this bursary you must complete the following sections within the application:
Complete sections relevant to your education history and/or program information:
- Tertiary education history
- Secondary education history
- Program preferences
Category 2 - Academic bursaries - will be awarded based on the applicant's GPA and other academic history/achievements. (Minimum GPA 5 required)
- Income and expenditure
Category 1 - Equity bursaries - assessment is made on the basis of applications meeting one or more of the following categories: Financial hardship, home environment and responsibilities, English language difficulty, personal illness and disability, educational disruption, regional location.
- Career goals and aims - Have you applied to be accepted into the AMP Adviser Academy? Detail your career aspirations in Financial Planning
- Scholarship benefit - How will this opportunity benefit you?
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats - pdf, word, jpeg, or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted).
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
A tuition fee waiver for the AAA program (9200AFE Financial Planning Skills Course), valued at a maximum of $2,812.50. Contributions to your tuition fees are made prior to the census date subject to satisfying the bursary's terms and conditions.
The bursaries will be distributed to students from a range of backgrounds and awarded based on the following categories;
Category 1 - Equity
- Demonstrate at least one of the following; financial hardship, home environment and responsibilities, English language difficulty, personal illness and disability, educational disruption, regional location.
Category 2 - Academic
- GPA of 5.0 or above
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate student who has graduated from a FASEA approved program
AMP are a leading financial services company, established in Australia in 1849, AMP offers a breadth of solutions and services, across financial advice, investment management, banking and superannuation.
This bursary is another way that AMP is promoting a new generation of financial advisers and higher standards in advice. Acting Group Executive, Advice David Akers said "identifying and cultivating the new generation of financial advisers is vital to the industry, particularly with the introduction of new, higher education standards for advisers. We want to help build a sustainable, trusted profession in touch with the needs and aspirations of Australians."
To remain eligible for this bursary, you will be required to:
- Meet the entry requirements and successfully enrol in the AMP Adviser Academy (9200AFE Financial Planning Skills Course) and maintain your enrolment in the AMP Adviser Academy
- Commence the AMP Adviser Academy within 12 months of receiving the bursary.
- Category 2 (academic) recipients must maintain a GPA of 5.0 or above in their FASEA approved degree.
The recipient may be invited to attend an award ceremony in Brisbane.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.