For: Awarded to students who have demonstrated excellence in sport
Available to: Commencing students, Continuing students
Level of study: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Citizenship: Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or Humanitarian Visa holders
Award value and benefits: $5,000-$28,000 and membership of the Griffith Sports College
Duration: 1-4 years
Programs of study: All undergraduate and postgraduate programs
Applications close: Sunday 26 November 2017 (applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information)
If you have an active Griffith University ID, please log-in with your S-Number.
Candidates must meet all of these:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- Be either eligible for admission to any of Griffith University's undergraduate or postgraduate programs in 2018 or be currently enrolled in any Griffith University's undergraduate or postgraduate program
- Be competing at an elite level in your chosen sport. Your chosen sport must meet with the Australian Sports Commission definition of 'sport', Australian Sports Commission Website.
If all are not addressed application will be deemed incomplete.
- Tertiary Education History and/or Secondary Education History: for commencing students to demonstrate past academic merit.
- Program: for continuing students to demonstrate past academic merit
- Sports Participation: demonstrate high achievement in chosen sport and currently competing at an International or National Level in chosen sport
- Referee Details: You must include a referee report from your coach. Commencing students: It is recommended that you also include an academic referee (school teacher or Principal)
- Career Goals and Aims: Why have you chosen your particular program of study? Please include long-term goals for your sporting career.
- Experiences: Please outline your sporting achievements
Supporting documentation- Maximum of 3 documents to be attached (Please use the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats are included):
- Other- please upload a comprehensive date ordered list (showing 2017 first in the list and going backwards, that is, 2017, 2016, 2015) of your sporting achievements, including times and placing/ranking.
- (You can choose to add copies of your most outstanding sporting certificates/awards/copies of media articles that make you stand out in your chosen sport.)
Terms and Conditions
If successful you must:
- Continue to meet the eligibility requirements
- Maintain good academic standing (GPA 3.5)
- Remain enrolled at Griffith University
- Submit sporting performance report on a trimester basis
The Griffith Sports Excellence FULL Scholarship has a maximum value of $28,000, payable in instalments. Payments of $3,500 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to the maximum value of the scholarship. Pro-rata payments for part-time enrolment will be $1,750.
There are a number of Griffith Sports Development Scholarships available with maximum value of $5,000, payable in instalments. Payments of $2,500 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to the maximum value of the scholarship. Pro-rata payments for part-time enrolment will be $1,250.
Payments are made within six weeks of the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligbility requirements.
The Griffith Sports Excellence Scholarships enable gifted sportsmen and sportswomen who have the potential to perform at a sound academic level at a tertiary institution, to gain a higher qualification without forfeiting their sporting opportunities. The scholarship is available to both commencing and continuing students (continuing is defined as students currently enrolled at Griffith University).
The Griffith Sports Excellence FULL Scholarship has a maximum value of $28,000, payable in instalments. Payments of $3,500 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to the maximum value of the scholarship. (Pro-rata payments for part-time enrolment)
There are a number of Griffith Development Sports Excellence Scholarships available with maximum value of $5,000, payable in instalments. Payments of $2,500 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to the maximum value of the scholarship. (Pro-rata payments for part-time enrolment).
Payments are made to the recipients nominated bank accounts.
Griffith is an Elite Athlete-Friendly University and has a strong commitment to sport and the role that is plays in a balanced educational environment. Fostering elite athletes and helping them to participate in sport whilst studying is a major part of that commitment. Griffith has many links with local and international sporting organisations. Griffith University, through the Griffith Sports College, assists elite athletes in sourcing flexible study means to enable them to continue performing at optimum level whilst studying.