For: Students who have overcome adversitites in their life and are passionate about Business and Sport
Available to: Commencing students
Level of study: Undergraduate
Citizenship: Australian Citizens
Award value and benefits: HECS course fees
Duration: up to the minimum duration of your degree program
Programs of study: Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of International Business, Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management, Bachelor of Sport Development, Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of International Business, Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Asian Studies, Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Government and International Relations, Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management/Bachelor of Business.
Applications close: Sunday 28 January 2018 (applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information)
- Be an Australian Citizen;
- Have applied or been accepted into one of the below programs in 2018:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Sport Development
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of International Business
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Asian Studies
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Government and International Relations
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management/Bachelor of Business
- Not have previously completed a bachelor degree or higher level award; and
- Must undertake full-time studies, but may be considered for part-time studies.
If all are not addressed Application will be deemed incomplete.
- Secondary Education History: Academic merit and program preference
- Referee Details: You must include two referee reports from two different sources:
- An academic referee (school teacher or Principal)
- A character referee (a person from your community or workplace)
- Career Goals and Aims: Outlining your career aspirations
- Scholarship Benefit: The benefit you will derive from receiving a scholarship
- Challenge(s) Experienced: Previous challenges you have encountered i.e. disrupted schooling (i.e. frequently moved, illness, family tragedy), disadvantaged school environment, geographic isolation, limited access to financial resources, difficult home circumstances impacting on education, family responsibilities impacting on time available for study, English language difficulty
Terms and Conditions
The Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship will be payment of your student contribution charges course fees each year if you continue to meet the eligibility criteria as stated in the Terms and Conditions:
- Maintain a pass rate of GPA 4 or better.
- Maintain a full-time study load (unless otherwise approved the the Adam Scott Foundation).
- An approved leave of absence from your University studies must also be approved by the Adam Scott Foundation or it can affect your scholarship status.
- In your first year of study, you will provide a report at the end of each trimester once your results have been released, that outlines your educational results and how this has benefited you in your chosen career. Subsequent years require one end of year report until completion of study. Reports are to be forwarded to the Adam Scott Foundation.
- At all times, you must present yourself at the high standards befitting the representation of the Adam Scott Foundation in the community.
- If you bring the Adam Scott Foundation into disrepute, the scholarship will be immediately ceased.
'For a number of years now I have envisaged creating a structure that will allow me to assist various youth groups that need help. As I have travelled the world playing Professional Golf and experiencing many favourable situations, it has also become apparent to me just how many people are suffering, disadvantaged and lacking opportunity.
I was fortunate to be offered the opportunity of following my chosen career path but not everyone has that fortune. I believe that the giving of an opportunity may be one of the greatest gifts of all be that an opportunity for a single experience to a sick child, to a chance to follow a dream that may otherwise be unattainable.
In line with our focus of supporting disadvantaged and underprivileged Australian youth we are very pleased to offer The Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship.
The Adam Scott Foundation is extremely pleased to be able to provide the opportunity of undertaking tertiary education for a successful applicant to achieve their desired objectives.'
- Adam Scott, Australian Professional Golfer
The Adam Scott Foundation was created to provide life opportunities for Australian children and youth. The Foundation will strive to assist and support young people, to provide a greater range of options and to enhance life and career possibilities. The Foundation will support a broad scope of individuals, groups and other charities that encompass the belief that we can make a difference for our youth. The Foundation is searching for a student who has overcome adversities in their life and is passionate about Business and Sport. The scholarship is for payment of the student contribution charges (CSP/HECS).
For more information on the Adam Scott Foundation please visit the below website: