For: Griffith University Aviation students to assist in their pursuit of becoming a professional pilot
Available to: Continuing students
Level of study: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Citizenship: Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or Humanitarian Visa Holders
Award value and benefits: $3,000
Duration: One-off payment
Programs of study: 2nd or 3rd year of a Griffith University Aviation Program or Graduate Diploma of Flight Management
Applications close: Sunday 11 February 2018 (applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information)
If you have an active Griffith University ID, please log-in with your S-Number.
Candidates must meet all of these:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- Be enrolled in the second year or third year in the Griffith University Aviation Program (1517,1028) or the Graduate Diploma of Flight Management (4140)
- Have a GPA of 3.75 or above
If all are not addressed application will be deemed incomplete.
- Program: Demonstrated past academic merit
- Leadership and Community: Social responsibility through engagement and commitment in community and industry activities, with the aim to achieve prospective career objectives
- Income and Expenditure: Financial Need
- Circumstances: Financial Need
- Aviation: Demonstrated practical competencies gained through practical experience (i.e. Laboratory works or projects undertaken throughout the semester/s)
- Experience: Social responsibility through engagement and commitment in the community and industry
- Career goals/ Community Involvement: Demonstrate the personal qualities to become a commercial pilot such as airmanship, leadership and the respect of their peers
The Australian Federation of Air Pilots (AFAP) is a professional association and industrial organisation representing commercial pilots in Australia. Australian Federation of Air Pilots representation covers pilot members in industrial, technical and operational matters in the Australian commercial aviation industry.
The Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund (MBF) is Australia's premier provider of loss or license protection for commercial pilots. The Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund provides financial support to pilots and their families throughout the most difficult time in their careers.
The Federation and the Australian Air Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund have a proud history of supporting aviation education through a university scholarship program in co-operation with a number of academic aviation institutions in Australia. Together AFAP and MBF would like to extend this program to Griffith University, by offering two scholarships (one each for a second and third year student or a Graduate Diploma of Flight Management student) of $3,000 each to assist aviation students in their pursuit of becoming a professional pilot.
SponsorAustralian Federation of Air Pilots and Australian Pilots Mutual Benefit Fund