For: Students enrolled in either full or part-time studies in the Master of Public Health (research option) or an Honours program with the School of Medicine.
Available to: Commencing students and Continuing students
Level of study: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Citizenship: Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or Humanitarian Visa Holders
Award value and benefits: $2,000
Duration: One-off payment
Programs of study: Master of Public Health (Research option), Master of Health Services Management (Honours), Bachelor of Public Health (Honours)
Applications close: Currently Closed
Mandatory application sections:
- Tertiary Education History and/or
- Secondary Education History and Program Preferences
- Honours and Research Topics
- Leadership and Community
- Referee Details- Academic
If you have an active Griffith University ID, please log-in with your S-Number.
Candidates must meet all of these:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
- Be enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Master of Public Health (Research option)
- Master of Health Services Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Public Health (Honours)
If all are not addressed application will be deemed incomplete.
- Tertiary Education History/ Secondary Education History: Academic Merit
Honours and Research Topics: Applicant's proposed project and relevance to Dr Eberhard Wenzel's research interests in one of the following areas:
- International Public Health
- Equity and Inequality in Health
- Globalisation, Development and Health and/or
- Indigenous Health
- Leadership and Community: Applicant's personal achievements
- Referee reports: Academic Referee report
The late Dr Eberhard Wenzel was an academic in the School of Public Health and worked in public health with a range of international health agencies for over 20 years. Dr Wenzel had a tremendous knowledge and understanding of public health issues facing humanity and his establishment of the Virtual Library for Public Health and the International Public Health Watch websites provided important means for him to engage with others who shared his passion for the field.
The objective of this scholarship is to enable students to undertake research which will advance understanding of a public health topic relevant to the academic interests of the late Dr Eberhard Wenzel.
There is one (1) scholarship valued at $2,000 for a student enrolled in either full or part-time study in the Master of Public Health (research option) or Master of Health Services Management (Honours), or Bachelor of Public Health (Honours) . The intent of the scholarship is to support the thesis component of the student’s honours or masters program of study.