For: Gold Coast students who have overcome significant personal adversity while achieving entrance to University
Available to: Commencing students
Level of study: Undergraduate
Citizenship: Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or Humanitarian Visa Holders
Award value and benefits: $9,000
Duration: 3 years
Programs of study: Any undergraduate Griffith University degree
Applications close: Currently Closed (applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information)
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder;
- Be a 2016 Year 12 school leaver (under 21 years of age);
- Have applied for and be accepted to commence studying a full-time undergraduate academic program at Griffith University;
- Be a permanent resident of the Gold Coast, Queensland and have completed Grade12 at a Gold Coast High School; and
- Be prepared to attend a meeting of the Rotary Club of Gold Coast to receive payment and speak briefly.
If all are not addressed application will be deemed incomplete.
- Secondary Education History
- Program Preferences
- Career Goals and Aims: Demonstrated mature approach to study.
- Challenge(s) experienced: How have you overcome significant personal adversity while achieving entry to Griffith University?
Maximum value is $9,000 payable in instalments. Payments of $1,500 are payable for each full-time enrol trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship or minimum duration of the program, whichever is the lesser.
Payments are made within six weeks of the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
This scholarship is a perpetual scholarship funded by the Rotary Club of Gold Coast and is awarded annually in accordance with the Club guidelines to a student who has fulfilled the selection criteria. The scholarship will be awarded to a person who has overcome significant personal adversity while achieving entrance to university, and who demonstrates a mature approach to study. The selection panel holds the right to not award the scholarship in any given year if in their opinion there is no worthy candidates.
The scholarship is valued at $9,000 paid in trimester instalments over three years.
Sponsor websiteRotary Club of Gold Coast website.
Terms and Conditions
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- Maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 or above for the duration of the scholarship benefit;
- Be enrolled on a full-time basis; and
- Continue to meet all other eligibility requirements.