For: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students, enrolled full time at Griffith University in 2018 in the Bachelor of Education, who are relocating, or previously relocated, from a very remote, remote or outer regional area of Australia
Available to: Commencing students, Continuing students
Level of study: Undergraduate
Citizenship: Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Award value and benefits: Maximum value is $20,000 payable in instalments against on-campus accommodation charges
Duration: minimum duration of the degree
Programs of study: Bachelor of Education
Applications close: 4 February 2018 (applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information)
If you have an active Griffith University ID, please log-in with your S-Number.
Candidates must meet all of these:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident;
- Be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- Be currently enrolled in, or enrolling in, the Bachelor of Education at Griffith University;
- Be relocating, or previously relocated, from a very remote, remote, or outer regional area of Australia. (According to the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area.); and
- Be currently living, or have been offered and accepted a place, in on campus accommodation at Griffith University for the relevant period.
If all are not addressed application will be deemed incomplete.
- Secondary Education History and Program Preferences (Commencing students); or
- Program (Continuing students)
* Academic Performance
- Referee Report: Academic (able to comment on your suitability to become a teacher)
- Relocation- from a very remote, remote, or outer regional area of Australia, as defined by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Areas classification (ASGC Remoteness Areas).
Terms and Conditions
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- Maintain a GPA of 4 or above for the duration of the Scholarship benefit
- Be enrolled on a full-time basis in the Bachelor of Education
- Remain in on-campus accommodation at Griffith University
To encourage and support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from remote areas to become qualified school teachers, by assisting with the cost of their on-campus accommodation whilst attending Griffith University.
Bursary valued at up to $20,000 per student, depending on the time remaining to complete their degree. Each Bursary winner will receive the benefit of $2,500 per Trimester paid directly to the provider of their on-campus accommodation at Griffith University for the remaining length of the student's degree (to the maximum value of the Bursary), provided that they continue to meet the award conditions.