For: Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students who will be undertaking study at Griffith University in 2018
Available to: Commencing students, Continuing students
Level of study: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Citizenship: Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents
Award value and benefits: $10,000 (Pro-rata for part-time students)
Duration: 1 year
Programs of study: Any Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree program
Applications close: 25 February 2018 (applicants may be shortlisted and be reuired to provide additional information)
If you have an active Griffith University ID, please log-in with your S-Number.
Candidates must meet all of these:
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Be enrolling in your first year of study or currently enrolled at Griffith University in an Undergraduate or Postgraduate course work program
If all are not addressed application will be deemed incomplete.
- Secondary Education History (Commencing students)
- Program (Continuing students)
Leadership and Community:
- Academic Achievement
- Community Involvement
- Career Goals and Aims: Why have you chosen your particular program of study?
- Community Involvement: What contributions will you/have you made in the community?
- Scholarship Benefit: What would it mean to you to receive a scholarship? How will the scholarship enable you to best meet your educational and employment goals?
- Challenges experienced: Identify certain financial needs or challenges that have impacted your studies.
Terms and Conditions
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- Maintain a GPA of 5.5 or above for the duration of the Scholarship benefit
- Maintain a full-time study load (if awarded a full-time Scholarship of $10,000) or part-time study load (if awarded a part-time Scholarship of $5,000)
The Arrow Energy Scholarships aim to deliver quality learning opportunities for our Traditional Owner partners and the broader Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community through the Go Further Indigenous Scholarships scheme. The Scholarships will provide financial assistance to enable students to purchase course requirements relating to the purpose of pursuing academic excellence. The value of the Scholarship is $10,000 (pro-rata for part-time study).