For: Continuing full-time second year students in the School of Engineering who are a permanent resident of the Gold Coast
Available to: Continuing students in the School of Engineering
Level of study: Undergraduate
Citizenship: Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders
Award value and benefits: Full payment of student contribution fees (HECS)
Duration: remainder of degree for which scholarship is awarded
Programs of study: Undergraduate School of Engineering Programs
Applications close: Currently Closed (applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information)
If you have an active Griffith University ID, please log-in with your S-Number.
Candidates must meet all of these:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder;
- Be enrolled full-time in second year of your undergraduate School of Engineering program (completed 80 credit points);
- Have a minimum GPA of 5;
- Be a permanent resident of the Gold Coast City Council; and
- Be undertaking a course of study relevant to the work activities of local Government.
If all are not addressed application will be deemed incomplete.
- Program: Be studying full-time in the School of Engineering, with a GPA of 5 or above and in second year.
- Referee Reports: two (2) referee reports provided by Griffith School of Engineering lecturers (one who can be contacted by phone).
- Career Goals and Aims: Detail your interests for engineering and being a permanent resident of the Gold Coast.
- Community Involvement: Demonstrate community involvement and being a visible role model in the community.
- Experiences: Provide details of practical competencies gained through practical experience (i.e. Laboratory works or projects undertaken throughout the program).
Terms and Conditions
To remain eligible for the scholarship, recipients will be required to:
- Maintain a GPA of 5.0 or above for the duration of the scholarship benefit.
- Be enrolled full-time in the engineering program for which the scholarship was awarded.
A full-time Scholarship will be offered to a second year Griffith University School of Engineering student, which will run for the remainder of the student's university program.
The Scholarship will be offered to local students who are enrolled in a full-time degree in the field of Engineering. Applicants must demonstrate high academic achievement, personal strengths, leadership potential, and must be a visible role-model in the community.
Scholarship recipients will demonstrate consistent academic achievement, ensuring a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5 is achieved and maintained throughout the program. Successful candidates have committed to and benefited from intra-semester work experience (1 day per week) within the City of Gold Coast (City), City Infrastructure Directorate. Further work experience, subject to work availability, may be offered during other academic break periods. Previous successful candidates have taken advantage of the opportunity for work experience and summer vacation work, however any negotiations for the recipient of the scholarship to participate in work experience or holiday paid work, is to be conducted between the student and the City and does not form a requirement of the award of this scholarship.
The scholarship covers a period of approximately two years (single degree) or three years (double degree) for the total value of up to approximately $17,000 (single degree) or $25,000 (double degree) credited annually and incrementally, directly towards their Student Contribution Charges.
Selection of the successful recipient will be based on review and assessment of applications, followed by interviews with short-listed applicants.
Contact City of Gold Coast: Randal Engel (ph: 5667-3711)