Griffith University facilities across all campuses are available for hiring by the wider community. Hire one of our unique, contemporary and flexible spaces for your conference, seminar or special occasion. Facilities include different size seminar rooms, meeting rooms, lecture theatres and function spaces. A range of sporting facilities are also available for hire to the general public.
See examples of the type of venues available for hire.
Booking applications should be submitted via the online form at least 15 working days in advance of your event/function.
Room hire fees
||1/2 day (4 hours)
||Whole day (4+ hours)
|50 and under capacity
||$40/day per room
|Note: All fees are GST inclusive. 25% discount may apply for non-profit/community groups.
- Hire fees – hire fees must be paid at least 10 working days prior to use of the facilities. Non-profit/community groups wishing to receive the 25% discount will need to provide evidence of their non-profit/charitable status at the time of booking. Additional fees may be charged for other services such as security or extra cleaning where applicable.
- Cancellations – must be notified 48 hours prior to your scheduled booking. You will receive a full refund of the hire charge less $50 administration cost. Fees are non-refundable for cancellations made with less than 48 hours’ notice.
- Site Licence – organisations that hire Griffith University’s facilities will be issued a Campus Site Licence which covers specific conditions of hire. The form must be signed by the client and a Griffith University representative before it comes into effect. You will need to provide evidence that you have current public liability insurance cover of at least $10,000,000 before the site licence will be issued. You are also strongly encouraged to read the Conditions of Campus Site Licence before commencing your online booking.
- Catering – Food and beverages (including alcohol) may not normally be brought into or consumed in University Facilities unless catering is organised through Griffith Food Services or, for the Gold Coast campus, the Student Guild. Outside caterers may be used for functions of less than 50 people as long as all mandatory health and safety and food regulations are complied with. More information on event catering.
- Alcohol – No alcohol is to be consumed or served on the campus unless an Application to Consume or Supply Liquor on Campus has been submitted and approved.
- Parking – on campus parking charges apply from 7am–7pm (parking zones are indicated on campus maps.
- Security – events with more than 100 people may require the attendance of a security guard.
At certain times, some rooms are unavailable for ad hoc bookings, please see below for current availability.
Booking availability: available until and including 24 June 2018, with the exception of exam venues which will be available after the release of the relevant exam timetables.
Other dates will be released once future timetables are finalised.
Booking availability: available until and including 24 December 2017.