Griffith research centres and institutes are required to submit an annual report on operations and research performance. The reports cover:
- a summary of centre or institute achievements and outcomes
- key planning issues and priorities for the following year
- income and expenditure details
- how the budget aligns with the Strategic Plan.
Completed Agreements between research centres or institutes and the related academic elements from which their staff are drawn must be submitted with the reports. The Agreement specifies aspects including:
- funding contributions
- responsibilities for staff support
- responsibilities for space and facilities.
The Research Committee conducts major reviews of each research centre and institute in its third year of funding. The reviews consider:
- major achievements and strategies of the centre or institute
- the Strategic Plan for the next three years
- key planning issues and priorities for the next operational year
- income and expenditure details, and how these align with the Strategic Plan.
2017 schedule for third-year reviews and 2016 annual reports
|February to May||Update centre membership lists|
|March||External reviewers appointed for third-year reviews|
|Mid-July||Centres provided with staircase performance reports|
|August||Centres provide reports to academic group research committees for sign-off|
|4 September||Submit annual reports and third-year reviews to Office for Research|
|September||Submit third-year reviews to external reviewers for assessment|
|September||Pro Vice Chancellor provides feedback on review reports and applications to merge existing centres|
|6 October||External reviewers submit assessment reports on third-year reviews|
|Late October||Review panel considers third-year reviews, annual reports and applications to merge existing centres|
|November/December||Research and academic committees consider third-year reviews and annual reports|
|December||Centre allocations and feedback are finalised and presented to the research committee and centre directors|
Staircase performance reports
Members of the Griffith community can access staircase performance reports for groups, schools, departments and research centres online.
The report packages include:
- staircase reports
- consolidated Strategic Plan KPI reports
- summary drill-down reports.
More detailed information including Publication/Project Income name level reports, Research Active staff and HDR Completion reports are available upon request.
Staircase performance reports Staircase definitions