This category refers to authored research.
A1 Book requirements
To be included in the A1 Book category, the publication must meet the definition of research and:
- be a major work of scholarship
- be research published in the current collection year, and the year of publication must be stated within or on the work being claimed with the exception of the expanded year of publication
- have an International Standard Book Number
- be written entirely by a single author, or by joint authors, who share responsibility for the whole book have been published by a commercial publisher, or if not published by a commercial publisher, must have been peer reviewed
- the author must be affiliated with the claiming institution.
The types of books that may meet the criteria include:
- critical scholarly texts, such as music, medieval or classical texts
- new interpretations of historical events
- new ideas or perspectives based on established research findings
Important note: Many of the books published by professional bodies don’t report original research findings but report the results of evaluations, or compile existing information for the benefit of professionals or practitioners. It’s important to only count those publications that are major works of scholarship and report original research activities for the first time. Freely available research-related reports published by external institutes or public agencies and departments are also unlikely to meet these criteria.
Verification documentation must be provided, including:
- complete photocopies of the table of contents, preface, introduction and pages showing all bibliographical information (ISBN, author(s), publisher and all dates referring to copyright, publication, printing and distribution)
- evidence indicating the author's affiliation to Griffith. By-line or footnote or statement in publication indicating research undertaken in author's capacity as a staff member or student of the University or an Authorship Statement from author attesting research undertaken in author's capacity as a staff member or student of the University (in support of this statement, INS staff will provide confirmation that the author was an appointee or student of the University within the publication year).
Send verification documentation direct to the Research Publications Officer at the Office for Research, Level 0, Bray Centre, Nathan campus.
The internal closing date for entry of publications data into the portal is 1 April each year.