Disciplines and FoR codes
There are eight main discipline clusters within ERA. These are:
- Physical, Chemical and Earth Sciences
- Humanities and Creative Arts
- Engineering and Environmental Sciences
- Education and Human Society
- Economics and Commerce
- Mathematical, Information and Computing Sciences
- Biological and Biotechnological Sciences
- Medical and Health Sciences.
Each cluster has a range of general disciplines with two-digit FoR codes. These two-digit disciplines comprise a range of subdisciplines with FoR codes. Evaluation is performed at the four-digit FoR code level, except where there is insufficient research output to allow valid analysis, in which case evaluation is conducted at the two-digit FoR code level.
Field of Research codes list
All two and four-digit Field of Research codes are listed here:
Download Field of Research codes
As ERA is a discipline-specific rating exercise, each research indicator can be assigned up to three four-digit FoR codes.