Senior Policy Officer (Ethics and Integrity)
Gary Allen's main responsibilities are the management and coordination of the University's Research Ethics and Integrity programs.
- Human research ethics reviewer professional development
- HDR supervisor and candidate professional development
- Early career and other researcher professional development
- Research integrity and ethics governance
- Resourcing the reflective practice of researchers
- Establishment of research ethics IT systems
- Public sector ethics
- Freedom of information and regulatory privacy issues
Gary has worked in the research integrity and human research ethics areas since 1997 and has worked with a number of research ethics committees in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom and Vietnam. He has a degree in education and a professional doctorate in social sciences. His doctoral thesis on the establishment of positive institutional research ethics arrangements was recognised with an Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Award from Queensland University of Technology. Gary is a former member of the Australian Health Ethics Committee (a principal committee of the NHMRC).