PhD (Environment), The Australian National University; BSc (Hons 1) Macquarie University; Diploma of Teaching (Sydney)
Adjunct Research Fellow, Griffith Climate Change Response Program
- environmental management
- bushland and rainforest restoration
- post mining rehabilitation
- catchment management
- ecological field work (bird surveys, vegetation sampling and landscape function analysis)
Memberships and affiliations
- Society for Conservation Biology
- Ecological Society of Australia
- IUCN World Commission on Protected Areas (Mountains and connectivity working group)
- IntAct Technical Advisory Group
- Australian Association of Bush Regenerators
- Gould, Susan F. & Mackey, Brendan G. (2015) Site vegetation characteristics are more important than landscape context in determining bird assemblages in revegetation, Restoration Ecology, First published on line on 5th May 2015.
- Gould, Susan F., Hugh, Sonia, Porfirio, L. and Mackey, B. (2015) Ecosystem greenspots pass the first test, Landscape Ecology, 30(1):141-151.
- Gould, Susan F., Beeton, N. J., Harris, R. M. B., Hutchinson, M. F., Lechner, A. M., Porfirio, L. L. & Mackey, B. G. (2014) A tool for simulating and communicating uncertainty when modelling species distributions under future climates, Ecology and Evolution, 4:4798-4811.
- Porfirio, L., Harris, R. M. B., Lefroy, E. C., Hugh, S., Gould, S. F., Lee, G., Bindoff, N. L., Mackey, B. (2014) Improving the use of species distribution models in conservation planning and management under climate change, PLOS ONE, foi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0113749.
- Gould, Susan F. (2012) Comparison of post-mining rehabilitation with reference ecosystems in monsoonal eucalypt woodlands, northern Australia. Restoration Ecology, 20(2): 250-259.
- Gould, Susan F. (2011) Does post-mining rehabilitation restore habitat equivalent to that removed by mining? A case study from the monsoonal tropics of northern Australia. Wildlife Research, 38:482-490.
- Gould, S. & Barnett, M. (2005) First Breeding Record of the Spotted Whistling-Duck, Dendrocygna guttata in Australia. Australian Field Ornithology, 2005, 22: 196-200.
- Gould, Susan F. (2001) Controlling Para Grass in a Tropical Seasonal Wetland. Ecological Management and Restoration, 2(2): 145- 147.
- Gould, Susan F. (1998) Proteoid root mats bind surface materials in Hawkesbury Sandstone biomantles. Australian Journal of Soil Research, 36(6): 1019- 31.
- Gould, Susan F. (1998) Proteoid root mats stabilise Hawkesbury Sandstone biomantles following fire. Australian Journal of Soil Research, 36(6): 1033- 43.