- Doctor of Philosophy (Institutional governance), University of Tasmania (2009)
- Masters of Arts, University of Cambridge (1999)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Cambridge (1990)
- Member: Editorial Board Journal of Sustainable Finance and Investment
- Member: UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Academic Network
- Research Fellow: Earth Systems Governance Project
- Adjunct Lecturer: University of Southern Queensland
Fields of Expertise
- Global environmental governance
- Climate change
- Natural resource management
- Responsible investment
- Institutional governance and the Church
- Health sector governance
Selected Project Experience
- Institute for Global Environmental Strategies, Ministry of Environment, Japan. Project management for a collaborative research project on the sustainable management and use of forest biomass in Nepal (2011)
- Institute for Global Environmental Strategies, Ministry of Environment, Japan. Project management for the development of draft quality-of-governance standards for the forest sector and REDD+ in Nepal (2012).
- UN Principles for Responsible Investment. Collaborative research on governance of responsible investment (2010)
University of Southern Queensland. Research Fellow in sustainable business (2009 -2012)
- University of Sydney. Research Assistant, School of Social and Political Sciences (2009)
- Eco-Innovation Consortium, AusIndustry programme. Steering Committee member and Research Consultant. (2003 – 2004)
- Centre for Environment Philosophy, Planning and Design, University of Canberra. Research Assistant (1997-1998)
- Neil Gunningham and Associates, and Australian Forest Growers. Research Associate (1996-1997)
Keynote Speeches, Seminars, Presentations, and Awards
- University of Southern Queensland Faculty of Business and Law Early Career Researcher of the Year Award 2011
- British International Studies Association Book of the Year 2011 Nominee
Cadman, Timothy (ed.). 2013. Climate change and global policy regimes: towards institutional legitimacy. London: Palgrave Macmillan, International Political Economy Series.
Cadman, Timothy. 2011. Quality and legitimacy of global governance: case lessons from forestry. London and Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, International Political Economy Series.
Cadman, Timothy, and Tek Maraseni. 2012. The governance of REDD+: an institutional analysis in the Asia Pacific region and beyond. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management published online 20 January 2012 DOI: 10.1080/09640568.2011.619851.
Cadman, Timothy, and Tek Maraseni. 2011. The governance of climate change: evaluating the governance quality and legitimacy of the United Nations REDD-plus Programme. International Journal of Climate Change: Impacts and Responses 2 (3) 103-124.
Refereed conference papers
Cadman, Timothy. 2010. Beyond economic sustainability: embedding social and environmental values in the governance of responsible investment. Paper presented to the Principles for Responsible Investment Academic Conference, Mainstreaming Responsible Investment. Copenhagen, 5-7 May.
Cadman, Timothy. 2010. The governance of climate change: evaluating the quality and legitimacy of the UN-REDD Programme. Paper presented at the Second International Climate Change Conference Impacts and Responses. Brisbane, 8-10 July.