- (2000) Young Investigator’s Award for Excellence in Field of Pedagogy, Pre-Olympic Congress of the International Council of Sport Science & Physical Education, Australian Council for Health, Physical Education & Recreation & Sports Medicine Australia.
- (2012) Fellow of the Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER
- (2006) Betty Watts Award, Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE) for Distinguished contribution to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education.
- (2006) Volunteer of the Year Award, Australian Council of Health, Physical Education and Recreation (ACHPER) - Queensland Branch.
- (2006) QUT Excellence in Curriculum Innovation: Embedding for Change Award (Team) —Victor Hart, Jean Phillips, Greg Winslett and Sue Whatman
HDR and Postgraduate Supervisions
- Co-Principal Supervisor – “How the V Position is perceived, communicated and applied to the forehand groundstroke by coaches and players internationally” PhD candidate - Ashley Berge. 2012-current.
- Principal Supervisor – “Using social media to support the first year experience”. Master of Education enrolled – Andrew Wynhoven. 2014-current.
- Principal Supervisor – “Young Adult Carers and Higher Education: Access, Engagement, Achievement” Master of Education. Chantelle Day. Completed 2012. Chantelle was awarded the Griffith Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement.