- Homel, R. & Byrne, J. (Eds.) (2014). The future of Justice Reinvestment: Global Perspectives – Assessing the merits of individual and community change strategies. Special Issue Victims & Offenders 9(1).
- Homel, R., Freiberg, K. & Branch, S. (in press, 2015). CREATE-ing capacity to take developmental crime prevention to scale: A community-based approach within a national framework. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Criminology
- Homel, R., Freiberg, K., Branch, S. & Le, H. (2015). Preventing the onset of youth offending: The impact of the Pathways to Prevention Project on child behaviour and wellbeing. Trends and Issues in Crime and Justice, 481, May 2015
- Le, H. & Homel, R. (in press; accepted Nov. 5, 2014). The Impact of Child Labor on Children’s Educational Performance: Evidence from Rural Vietnam. Journal of Asian Economics.
- Tilley, N., Rayment-McHugh, S., Smallbone, S., Wardell, M., Smith, D., Allard, T., Wortley, R., Findlater, D., Stewart, A. & Homel, R. (2014). On being realistic about reducing the prevalence and impacts of youth sexual violence and abuse in two Australian Indigenous communities. Learning Communities, 14, 6-27.
- Homel, R. (2014). Justice reinvestment as a global phenomenon. Victims and Offenders, 9(1), 6-12.
- Freiberg, K.; Homel, R. & Branch, S. (2014). The Parent Empowerment and Efficacy Measure (PEEM): A Tool for Strengthening the Accountability and Effectiveness of Family Support Services. Australian Social Work, 67(3), 405-418. DOI: 10.1080/0312407X.2014.902980
- Wickes, R., Hipp, J., Sargent, E. & Homel, R. (2013). Collective efficacy as a task specific process: Examining the relationship between social ties, neighborhood cohesion and the capacity to respond to violence, delinquency and civic problems. American Journal of Community Psychology, 52, 115-127
- Manning, M., Smith, C. & Homel, R. (2013). Valuing developmental crime prevention. Criminology and Public Policy, 12(2), 305-332.
- Branch, S., Homel, R. & Freiberg, K. (2012). Making the developmental system work better for children: Lessons learned from the Circles of Care Programme. Child and Family Social Work 18, 294-304. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2206.2012.00845.x
- Wickes, R., Homel, R. & Zahnow, R. (in press, 2015). Safety in the suburbs: Social disadvantage, community mobilization, and the prevention of violence. In J. Stubbs & S. Tomsen (Eds), Australian Violence. Sydney: Federation Press
- Toumbourou, J.W., Leung, R., Homel, R., Freiberg, K., Satyen, L., and Hemphill, S.A. (2015). Violence prevention and early intervention: what works? In Andrew Day & Ephrem Fernandez (Eds.), Preventing violence in Australia: Policy, Practice and Solutions. (pp. 45-62). Sydney: Federation Press
- Homel, R., Macintyre, S. & Wortley, R. (2014). How burglars select targets. In Benoit Leclerc & Richard Wortley (Eds.), Cognition and crime: Offender decision-making and script analyses (Crime Science Series). (pp. 26-47). London: Routledge