Higher Degree Research Supervision
- 2007 EdD Awarded: Helen Nicolson Setz (Principal) - Teaching Literacy Practices that Count for Subject English. (QUT)
- 2002 EdD Awarded: Carla Tromans (Associate) - A case study of beginning secondary teachers in Education Queensland. Examiners’ comments: 'Well argued, insightful presentation'. (QUT)
- 2001 EdD Awarded: Phetcharee Roopwichet (Associate) - Towards Improved Quality of Working Life in Thai Business Organisations (QUT)
Doctor of Philosophy
- 2007 PhD Awarded: Clare. Christensen (Principal) - Scientific Literacy, Risk Management and Mobile Phone Usage. (QUT)
- 2006 PhD Awarded: C. Doherty (Principal). Cultural Identity and Difference in Online and Face-to-Face Educational Programs. (QUT)
- 2005 PhD Awarded: B. Exley (Principal) - Teachers' Professional Knowledge Bases for Offshore Education: Two Case Studies of Western Teachers Working in Indonesia (QUT)
- 2004 PhD Awarded: Susan Whatman (Principal). “Wis Wei Youpla Health?” A Case Study of the Nature and Extent of Community Participation in Health Education Decision-Making for Torres Strait Islander Girls at Bluewater High. (QUT).
- 2003 PhD Awarded: Julie Hamston (Principal). A Dialogue for 'New Times'. Primary Students' Struggle with Discourses of 'Australia' and 'Asia' in Studies of Asia Curriculum. (QUT).
- 2001 PhD Awarded: Karen Dooley (Principal). Adapting to Diversity. Pedagogy for Taiwanese students in mainstream Australian secondary school classes. (Griffith).
Research Grant Record
2009-2012: Australian Research Council Linkage: LP0990585 - Glasswell, K; Singh, Parlo., McNaughton, S. and Davis, KL. Smart Education Partnerships: Testing a Research Collaboration Model to Build Literacy Innovations in Low Socio Economic Schools.
Project received the following excellence in teaching awards:
- State Award: Education Queensland Showcase Awards 2010 - The Commonwealth Bank of Australia Showcase Award for Excellence in the Middle Phase of Learning: Literacy Lessons for Logan Learners (LL4LL) Project
- Regional Award: Education Queensland Showcase Awards 2010 - Literacy Lessons for Logan Learners (LL4LL) Project
- Regional Award: Education Queensland Showcase Awards 2012 - Navigating Thinking Project. Navigating Thinking is a cutting edge innovation that can serve as a state, national and international model of best practice.
2009-2012 Australian Research Council Linkage Project LP0990569. Both Smart and Healthy: Learning Communities as a Settings-based Approaches to Health Promotion. Kendall, E. Muenchberger, H., Sunderland, NL, Singh, Parlo., Henniker, GH.
Completed Research Projects
- 2006-2008 Australian Research Council (ARC Discovery): DP0665633. Mallan, K. & Singh, Parlo. Growing up in networked spaces: Tech-savvy youth constructing identities and forming social relations in online and offline worlds.
- 2005-2007 Australian Research Council (ARC Discovery): DP0559761. Matthews, J., Hattam, R., Christie, P, Singh, Parlo., Taylor, S., & Sidhu, R.: Schooling, Globalisation and Refugees in Queensland, Australia
- 2005-2006 Queensland Studies Authority, Competitive Research. Atweh, Bill, Singh Parlo, Taylor Sandra. Broadening Post School Options Through Curriculum Engagement.
- 2002-2004 Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery: DP0211663. McWilliam, E., Singh, Parlo., Sachs, J.: Managing Risk In Primary Schools: Teachers’ Professional Identity and Work Practices.
- 2003 Project Advisor on Research Consultancy: Education Queensland New Basics Project. Documenting changes - or absence of change - as a result of the implementation of the New Basics Framework in 13 Case Study P-10 Schools
- 1998-2000 ARC. Strategic Partnerships, Industry, Research Training: First Chief Investigator
Singh, P., Parker, K. & Chisholm, M. Off-shore technical and scientific competency based training in extraction industries in Papua New Guinea and Indonesia. C79804966: Total Funding - $110,000
- 1997-1999 Australian Research Council (Large Grant) First Chief Investigator
Singh, P., & Freebody, P. (1997-completion June 2000). English literacy in off-shore Scientific and Technical programs: A case study of exporting Australian education to Indonesia. A 79702245 – Total Funding: $150,000
- 1996-1998 Australian Research Council (Large Grant): First Chief Investigator
Singh, P. & Freebody, P. (1996 completion December 1999). Constructing "Australian Identities" through language and literacy education in schools, communities and workplaces. A79601654 – Total Funding: $96,000
- 1994-1995 Department of Employment, Education and Training (Association of Women Educators): First Chief Investigator. - Singh, Parlo. Development of gender inclusive exemplars for national curriculum profiles.