Research Consultancy Grants
- 2013-2014: Secondary Principals as Literacy Leaders (Tas). G. Johnson & N. Dempster, Department of Education, Tasmania. $247,472.
- 2013-2014: Principals as Literacy Leaders (Tas). Johnson, G. & N. Dempster. Department of Education Tasmania. $170,586.
- 2012-2013: Principals as Literacy Leaders (SPALL). C. Wyatt-Smith, G. Johnson & N. Dempser. South Australian Secondary Principals Association. (SASPA). $298,921.
- 2011: Griffith University & Queensland Tourism Industry Corporation. G. Johnson & P. Brough. Intergenerational learning @ Work in Hospitality. $15,000
- 2011-2013: Principals as Literacy Leaders with Indigenous Communities G. Johnson. Closing the Gap, (DEEWR). $1,200,000.
Australian Research Council Competitive Grant History
- 2008-2010: ARC Discovery Scheme: Application ID: DP0879687. Billett, S, Johnson, G., Hirst, E., Hay, S. Thomas, S., & Sim, C. Towards a transformative model: re-shaping transitions between school and post-school. $140.000
- 2008-2010: ARC Linkage International Scheme: Application ID: LX0083016. Billett, S. Johnson, G. & Martin, G. Sustaining older workers’ competence: Informing policy and practice. $75,000
- 2000-2002: ARC Large Grant Scheme. Application ID: A0000026. Johnson, G. $62.500
- Queensland Studies Authority (QSA) Research Committee, Tertiary Representative
Internal (Level 1) - Deans, HoS, RCD and University Level Centre Directors
- Head of School of Cognition,Language and Special Education (2006)
- Acting Head of School - CLS (as required 2001 - 2005)
- Completed the AVCC Leading Academics Program (2006)
- Director, Centre for Applied Language, Literacy and Communication Studies (to Semester 2, 2006 when Centre closed)
- Acting Director, Centre for Applied Language, Literacy and Communication Studies (Semester 1, 2005)
- Deputy Director, Centre for Applied Language, Literacy and Communication Studies (2004 - 2006)
- Foundation Convenor Peking University, Griffith University Centre for Learning & Research (Applied Linguistics) 2005 -ongoing
- Acting Deputy Dean Research (July 2008 - week)
Internal (Level 2) - Program Co-Ords, Chair of Committee
- Griffith Institute for Education Research (GIER) Program convenor (with Professor Stephen Billett): Transitions Research (2007 to date)
- Program Convenor Bachelor of Education and combined degrees [Secondary], (1999 - 2001; Acting as required until June, 2003)
- Chair, Griffith University Teacher Review Response Committee (reporting to the Dean of Education) (2003).
Internal (Level 3) - Member of Committees
- Member of Faculty of Education Research Committee 2007 to date
- External Faculty Review Committee (2005)
- Faculty Assessment Board (2006 )
- Faculty of Education Strategic Improvement Retention Project (2002-03)
- University Niche Degree Review Committee (2002)
- Faculty Quality Audit (2003)
- School of Cognition, Language and Special Education Advisory Committee (Member, 1997-2005)
- Faculty Staff Committee Elected Member (1997-1999)
- Faculty Staff Committee Reserve Member (1996)
- Member Education Honours Board (1995-97)
- Member BEd (Secondary) Program Restructuring Team (1996)
External (Level 1) - Government Bodies, International Agencies
- Queensland College of Teachers, Promoting the Profession Committee (2006)
- Queensland Studies Authority (Syllabus Advisory sub-committee English Extension Literature to 2004)
- University of Queensland PHD supervisor for Dr Lynne Badger (2006), University of South Australia
External (Level 2) - Educational Boards/Journal Editorial Boards
- Narrative Inquiry (since 2007)
- Language & Literacy (since 1998)
External (Level 3) - Community Impact
- Southside News for rotary sponsorship of CALLCS literacy research.
- Griffith University Teaching Citation Award 2005