- OLT (2013) - Step up! Transforming mathematics and science pre-service secondary teacher education in Queensland. A collaborative project with Queensland University of Technology, Australian Catholic University, Griffith University, James Cook University, The University of Queensland, and Queensland Department of Employment, Training and Education. The project attracted $3.2 million in funding. This project aims to effect step change in courses, partnerships, academic practice and student recruitment in order to transform the nature and delivery of mathematics and science pre-service secondary teacher education in Queensland. Step Up! also aims to provide transferrable frameworks, resources and guides in order that its outcomes may be realised across Australia. Dr Kevin Larkin is a member of the Griffith team working on this project.
- AEL (2013) - Opting In - Opting Out: A study of student attitudes to Mathematics in middle primary school. This project is a collaboration with Dr Kevin Larkin (Chief Investigator), Professor Robyn Jorgensen (Griffith) and Associate Professor Peter Gates (Nottingham University. The project attracted $13 000 in funding.
- DEHub (2011) - Distance learning at times and places chosen by the learner: Adapting resources and learner behaviours for working with mobile digital devices. This project was a collaborative project between USQ and CQ. The project attracted $113 000 in funding and investigated the use of mobile digital devices by undergraduate Education and Nursing students studying in distance mode. The host institution was USQ. The project team was: A/Professor Romina Jamieson-Proctor (Chief Investigator); A/Professor Trudy Yuginovich; Professor Peter Albion; Dr Kevin Larkin; Ms Julie Harris; Dr Andrew Maxwell; Dr Shirley Reushle; Teresa Sander; Dr Rose-Marie Thrupp; Wendy Fasso.
- Next Generation Learning Challenges EDUCAUSE Grant (2011-2012) –This $40 000 project investigates mastery of deeper learning outcomes such as self-efficacy, critical thinking, complex problem solving, & collaboration in a virtual classroom environment. The project team is: Professor Peter Albion; A/Professor Romina Jamieson-Proctor; Dr Kevin Larkin; Dr David Gibson (Arizona State University) and Dr Petrea Redmond
- St James Lutheran iPod Project (2011-2013) - Students' Use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for learning at school and at home: How do handheld digital technologies and Web 2.0 tools transform learning and teaching? This is a 3 year longitudinal study of students in Years 8-10. The project team is: A/Professor Romina Jamieson-Proctor; Dr Kevin Larkin; and David Martin