- 1989-1994 Lecturer, Griffith University
- 1994-1995 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Max Planck Society Workgroup on Nonclassical Light, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
- 1995-1997 Postdoctoral Research Assistant, The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- 1997-2000 Senior Lecturer, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
- 2000-2005 Reader, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
- 2004-2005 Leverhulme Trust Research Fellowship
- 2005-2010 Senior Lecturer, Griffith University
- 2011-....... Associate Professor, Griffith University
M. Brooks, "What makes the universe tick?", New Scientist, 22 November 2008, page 32-35 (2008):
...In her analysis of this scenario, Vaccaro has found that a "present" quantum state of a neutral kaon is a billion times more similar to its future quantum state than its past quantum state. This means the present state is more likely to evolve into the future than the past. "The overall effect is like a random walk with a strong bias in one direction," Vaccaro says. "We may sometimes step backwards, but on average we are moving forwards in time...
L. Zyga, "Scientists show how to erase information without using energy", 25 January 2011.
- International Business Times
M. Atherton, "Time flies when you're a subatomic particle – new quantum mechanics turns spacetime on its head", 21 January 2016.
"The variable behavior of two subatomic particles, K and B mesons, appears to be responsible for making the universe move forwards in time", 28 January 2016.
- IFL Science
A. Carpineti, "Scientists May Have Just Figured Out Why Time Moves Forward, Not Backwards", 29 January 2016.
- Science Alert
- F. Macdonald, "A physicist has a new explanation for why time moves forwards, not backwards", 1 February 2016.
- Daily Mail
R. O'Hare, "Why time only ever moves forward", 2 February 2016.
- Wonderful Engineering
The Engineer, "Scientist Figures Out Why Time Moves Forward And Not Backward", 3 February 2016.
- The Science Explorer
J. Kennell, "This New Theory Explains Why Time Only Moves Forwards", 4 February 2016.
- New Scientist
Anil Ananthaswamy, "One time or another: Our best 5 theories of the fourth dimension", 4 February 2017.
Wikipedia article references
- "Optical apparatus for implementing Schumacher's quantum data compression",
GB 2400252 A, 6 April 2005.
- "Quantum information source coding device and quantum information communication system",
Japan 3858067, 29 September 2006.
- "Quantum source coding apparatus and quantum information communication system",
US 07403713 B2, 22 July 2008 (2008).
- S.M. Barnett and J.A. Vaccaro, "The Quantum Phase Operator: A Review" (Taylor and Francis, London, 2007)
- Group theoretic formulation of complementarity, QCMC'06, Tsukuba, Japan, 28 November-3 December 2006
- Quantum Polling, CQCT Workshop, IMAX Centre, Sydney, 6-8 February 2007
- Quantum Illusions and Time, GUMPTION GU 10 August 2007
- Quantum Reference Systems, Relativistic Quantum Information Workshop, Customs House, Brisbane, 17 November 2007.
- Origin of the anthropocentric flow of time?, The Clock and the Quantum: Time and Quantum Foundations, Perimeter Institute of Theoretical Physics, Waterloo Canada, 28 September - 2 October, 2008
- The cost of information erasure in atomic and spin systems, The 8th Asian International Seminar on Atomic and Molecular Physics (AISAMP8), University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia, 24-28 November 2008.
- T violation, direction of time and general relativity, Relativistic Quantum Information Workshop, Customs House, Brisbane, 10-11 December 2009.
- Universe as a quantum computer: algorithm for the shortest path through time, Ninth Meeting of The Scottish Quantum Information Research Network (QUISCO), Glasgow, Scotland UK, 19 April 2010.
- Unidirectionality of time induced by T violation, Fifth International Workshop DICE2010, Castiglioncello, Italy, 13-17 September 2010.
- Erasure of information under conservation laws, Quantum Information and Foundations of Thermodynamics, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 9-12 August 2011.
- Single reservoir heat engine: controlling the spin, Frontiers of Quantum and Mesoscopic Thermodynamics, Prague, Czech Republic, 29 July - 3 August 2013.
- Making sense of a time symmetric universe: time travelling in both directions, The Time Machine Factory: [Unspeakable, Speakable] on Time Travel,Turin, Italy, 25-28 October 2015.
- Unravelling the enigma of Time, New Scientist Instant Expert: The Quantum World, Sydney, Australia, 22 October 2016.
- Pegg-Fest Symposium: a celebration of the work of Prof David Pegg, FAA, FRSE
22 November 2007.
- Leverhulme Trust Research Fellowship, 1 September 2004 - 31 October 2005.
- British Council Travel Grant, 14-18 February 2005.
- Royal Society Travel Grant, 2-6 May 2005.
- Griffith University, Research Grant, 2009.
- Australian Research Council, Linkage Grant 2014-2017.