BSc (Hon), PhD (Griffith), FInstP
- Chief Investigator, Centre for Quantum Dynamics
- Director, Bureau of Time
- Member of the Academic Committee
Joan was educated at Griffith University in the 1980's. Her PhD degree in Theoretical Quantum Optics was supervised by Prof. David Pegg FAA and was awarded in 1990. Her research has since broadened to coherent phenomena in laser cooled gases, robust states of open quantum systems, ultra cold quantum gases (Bose-Einstein condensation), superselection rules and entanglement, quantum data security, quantum information processing and more recently, the physics of time. She worked in the UK and Europe for about 12 years at the
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK,
- Max Planck Society Workgroup, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany,
- The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK, and
- University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, UK
before returning to Griffith University in 2005.
More information, including personal opinions, appreciation of surreal art, description of a quantum computer and so on, can be found at the site below. Joan's personal homepage is not an official Griffith University website.