- Bachelor of Science (Hons I, University Medal), University of New South Wales, Australia (1966)
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of New South Wales, Australia (1969)
May 2010 - present
Professor Emeritus, Griffith University
Honorary Professor, Griffith Institute for Drug Discovery
Professor, Griffith University, Australia, and Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, Griffith Institute for Drug Discovery, Griffith University, Nathan, 4111, Australia
Associate Professor, Griffith University, Australia
Visiting Scientist, Astra, Charnwood, UK (Simon Teague).
Professeur Invit??, D??partement de Chimie, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris (Pierre Sinay).
July 1989-Jan 1990
Royal Society Guest Research Fellow, University of Cambridge, UK (Laurie Hall).
July 1985-Jan 1986
Senior Fulbright Fellowship, National Jewish Centre for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, Denver, Colorado (Mayer Goren).
Senior Lecturer, Griffith University, Australia
Visiting Fellow, Imperial College of Science and Technology, London (Charles Rees, FRS)
Lecturer, Griffith University, Australia
Research Fellow, Research School of Chemistry, A.N.U. (Arthur Birch, FRS)
ICI Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Sussex (Colin Eaborn, FRS).
Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Molecular Biology, Syntex, California (John Moffatt and Julien Verheyden).
Awards and honours
Royal Society Guest Research Fellow
Senior Fulbright Award
ICI Postdoctoral Fellow
CSIRO PhD Scholarship
Memberships and affiliations
- Member, Royal Australian Chemical Institute (1968-1988)
- Fellow, Royal Australian Chemical Institute (1988-present)
- Foundation Chairman, Organic Chemistry Group (RACI, Queensland Branch) (1981-1984)
- Treasurer of the Organic Chemistry Group (RACI, Queensland Branch) (1985-2001)
- Treasurer of the Brisbane Organic Chemistry Symposia (1986-2000)
- Supervisor, RACI's National Titration Competition for high school students, GU (1991-2007)
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry (1968-present)
- Queensland Representative of the Royal Society of Chemistry (1989-2009)
- Queensland Fulbright Selection Committee, 1992-1997.
- Chair, Queensland Fulbright Selection Committee, 1994-1997.
- Organising Committees for National and International conferences:
- 1989 17th Australian Polymer Symposium, Griffith University
- 1991 12th National Conference of the Division of Organic Chemistry (RACI), University of Queensland (Vice-Chair of this Conference)
- 1993 3rd Pacific Polymer Conference, Gold Coast
- 1995 XVIIth International Conference on Organometallic Chemistry, Brisbane
- 2000 Chair of the Southern Highlands Conference on Heterocyclic Chemistry