- Dr Dao will chair the 5th International Conference on Sustainable Design and Manufacturing, to be held on Gold Coast, Australia, from 24 - 26 June, 2018. Website: http://sdm-18.kesinternational.org/tracksessions.php
- Dr Dao will serve as Steering Committee Chair of the 6th International conference on BioSensors, BioElectronics, BioMedical Devices, BioMEMS/NEMS & Applications, 11-14 Dec, Tokyo, Japan. (Bio4Apps2017)
- Dr Dao and colleagues from Griffith School of Engineering Dr Peter Woodfield, Prof David Thiel, Dr Sascha Stegen and Dr Huaizhong Li in partnership with SuperCool Asia Pacific Pty Ltd (Australia) have been awarded an INNOVATIVE MANUFACTURING CRC Project grant for 2-year project "Develop and manufacture a smart electric compressor for refrigeration and air conditioning on electric vehicles". Total budget: $365,220.
- Congrats to Dr Afzaal Qamar on taking the Research Fellow position at Electrical Engineering & Computer Science (EECS) Department, University of Michigan, USA.
- Dr Dao and QMNC colleagues Prof Nam-Trung Nguyen, Prof Sima Dimitrijev and Mr Alan Iacopi in partnership with SPT Microtechnologies (USA) have been awarded an ARC Linkage Project grant for 3-year project "Superior Silicon Carbide Nanoscale Sensors (SCANS) for Harsh Environments". Total budget: $563,000.
- Toan and Shahrzad just have been awarded the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy. Congratulations to Dr Toan Dinh and Dr Shahrzad Seyed Mohammad Shahi!
- Afzaal has been awarded the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy after 2.8 years study at Griffith. Big congrats to Dr Afzaal Qamar.
- Dr Dao was the General Chair of the 5th International Conference on BioSensors, BioElectronics, BioMedical Devices, BioMEMS/NEMS & Applications: Bio4Apps2016. The conference was sponsored by Griffith School of Engineering, Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre, and National Committee on Mechatronics.
- Dr Dao received an Honorable Award from the Mayor of Gold Coast City for Outstanding Contribution to Gold Coast as a Champion of Gold Coast Tourism Ambassadors.
- Dr Dao Participated in the 60th Anniversary of Hanoi University of Science and Technology
- Dr Dao chaired the "Creative Technology Challenge" Category, in the 3rd Australian Robotics Challenge 2016. Over 180 primary and high school students from China, Korea, Philippines, Australia had participated in this competition event. Photos: ARC, Ground-based vehicles, Humanoid, Drone
- Griffith team participated in the 29th Warman Design and Build Competition, Sydney. Our team finished at 10th place nationwide and came 1st among the participated universities from QLD. Photos: Run & Award. Congrats to all team members: Hilary, Ryan, Matthew, Tyla and Ruby.
- Dr Phan's paper, "Nano strain-amplifier: making ultra-sensitive piezoresistance in nanowires possible without the need of quantum and surface charge effects'' Appl. Phys. Lett., 2016, was selected as an APL Editor's Pick in Vol. 109, No. 13. Congrats to Dr Phan!
- Congratulations to Afzaal Qamar on receiving the Best Oral Presentation Award at ICNNE2016 - 2016 International Conference on Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials in Energy, Paris, France, June 2016
- Hoang-Phuong PHAN has been awarded the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy after 2.5 years study at Griffith. Big congrats to Dr PHAN!
- Griffith University’s world ranking receives double boost! Link
- Dr. Dao group's research on SiC material for harsh environment sensors has a strong impact in the research field and has attracted great attention from the media worldwide, such as Mining Innovation News, The American Ceramic Society, IHS Engineering360, AZONANO, Compound Semiconductor, PHYSORG, NanoWerk, ECNMag, Spacedaily, etc.
- Member of the TPC and Topic Co-chair (Solid State Drives and Control) of the IEEE 7th International Conference on Information and Automation for Sustainability, Dec 22-24, 2014, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Invited talk at the 7th International Workshop on Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology (IWAMSN2014), HaLong City, Vietnam, 2-6 November, 2014.
- Visit two universities in Hanoi to promote research and education collaboration opportunities.
- Visit A*Star, Singapore, for research collaboration
- Dr. Dao has been nominated for "Lecturer of the Year 2014 - Mechatronics Engineering"
- Afzaal got the first paper accepted for publication in the IEEE Electron Device Letters (IF: 3.02) after just 5 months of his PhD program. Congrats Afzaal!
- One paper accepted for publication in Journal of Materials Chemistry C (IF: 6.1). Congrats to Phan!
- Griffith University Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme (GUPF) is now open for application (see the Link)
- Welcome three new PhD students to our group: Afzaal, Dinh Toan and Ashkan.
- Big congratulations to Phan Hoang Phuong for his paper published in Applied Physics Letters (IF: 3.8).
- H. P. Phan got the first paper accepted for publication in the IEEE Electron Device Letters (IF: 2.789) after just 4 months in his PhD program. Well done, Congratulations to Phan!
- Four applicants have been offered PhD scholarship to join our group. Congratulations and we look forward to welcoming you all soon!
- Invited talk at the 4th International Workshop on Nanotechnology and Application, 14-16 Nov, Vungtau, Vietnam
- Visited several technological universities in Vietnam to discuss about research and education collaboration opportunities.
- Dr. Dao has been nominated for "Lecturer of the Year 2013 in Mechatronics Engineering". (Graduands Choice).
- Technical Program Committee Member of the IEEE Conference on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics 2013, Kanazawa, Japan (18-22 August 2013).
- Congratulations to P.H. Phuong on successful application for the Griffith University Postgraduate Research Scholarship to pursue PhD program with us.
- Program Chair of the International Workshop on Soft & Flexible Micro/Nano Systems Technology (SF-MINAS 2013), Gold Coast, QLD, Australia (12 to 14 July 2013).
- Semester 1 starts
- Mid-year research scholarship round is now open for applications and will close on Tue 30 Apr 2013. More info click here.
- Five international candidates have been offered for PhD scholarships to join our group from March 2013. Congratulations on your successful application! We are looking forward to seeing you soon at Griffith University.
- Welcome Ms. Shahrzad Mohammadshahi to our group as a PhD student.
- Invited talk at the International Conference on BioElectronics, BioSensors, BioMedical Devices, BioMEMS/NEMS and Applications 2012 (Bio4Apps 2012), National University of Singapore, Singapore, Nov. 19 and 20, 2012.
- Invited talk at the 6th International Workshop on ADVANCED MATERIALS SCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, Halong City, Vietnam, October 30 – November 2, 2012.
August 2012: World University Ranking
- Griffith University is now listed in the 301-400 band on the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
- While it is relatively young compared with the other 11,000 universities in the world, Griffith is ranked amongst the top 5% of the best universities in the world.
July 2012: Scholarships for PhD students
- The end-of-year research scholarship round is now open for applications and will close on Monday 8 October, 2012. More info click here
23 July 2012: Second semester starts!
- Course 3313ENG: Precision Engineering and Prototyping
February 2012: World University Ranking
- QS World University Rankings by Subject: Griffith University's Electrical Engineering is listed in the top 200 amongst the best universities in the world.
- Griffith University is the ninth largest higher education provider in Australia!