- Doctor of Philosophy (1988) University of Alberta (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) (In Sport Studies, Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation)
- Master of Physical Education (1983) University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (In Sport Management through School of Physical Education)
- Bachelor of Physical Education (1974) University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (In School of Physical Education, Teaching minor: Commerce)
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education. (1998) Griffith University. (Griffith Institute of Higher Education)
- Accreditation as a Teacher in Higher Education (May, 1999) Staff and Educational Development Association (SEDA), Birmingham, UK.
- Professional Teaching Certificate (1975) University of British Columbia (Faculty of Education)
- Certificate in Postgraduate Supervision (2003) Griffith University (Non-award) (Griffith Institute of Higher Education and Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
Current academic appointments
- Senior Lecturer, Department of Tourism, Leisure, Hospitality, & Sport Management, Griffith Business School
- Visiting Associate, Faculty of Business, University of Technology Sydney, with the Australian Centre for Olympic Studies (ACOS), 2006-2009, 2009-2012
- Honorary Consultant and Senior Researcher, International Bioethics Research Centre of Shandong Province, Shandong University, Jinan, Peoples Republic of China
- Master of Business Program Convenor (July, 2007 - December, 2008)—Department of Tourism, Leisure, Hotel, Hospitality, and Sport Management
- Deputy Head of Department (January 2004 - June 2005) Senior Staff management appointment
Sports Program Coordinator, (2004 - 05) (administrative appointment), Griffith Business School, Griffith University, Australia
- Senior Lecturer, 2001 - 2003, Management and Sport Management Program, School of Marketing and Management, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Griffith University, Australia
- Lecturer, 2000, Management and Sport Management Program, School of Marketing and Management, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Griffith University, Australia
- Lecturer (term), 1997 - 1999, Golf and Sport Management Program, School of Marketing and Management, Faculty of Commerce and Management, Griffith University, Australia.
- Assistant Professor, Lecturer, Sessional Lecturer, 1989 - 1996, Faculties of Arts (Sociology), Education (Saskatchewan Indian Federated College), and Physical Activities Studies, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Sessional Lecturer, 1993 - 1996, Faculty of Arts (Sociology), University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Sessional Lecturer, 1988 - 1989, Faculty of Physical Education and Recreation, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Administrator and Classroom Teacher, 1975 - 1980, School District #57, Prince George, BC, Canada
Current Professional Organisation Memberships
- 1997-present Sport Management Association for Australia and New Zealand *Elected as Member at Large of Board, 2007-2010
- 1997-present National Tertiary Educators’ Union *Griffith University Branch Vice-President—Academic Staff, Divisional and National Councillor (2010-present)
- 1993- present International Sociology of Sport Association
- 1990- present Olympic Academy of Canada
- 1974- present University of British Columbia Big Block Society