Book Chapters & Refereed Publications:
- Conrad, L and Bowie C., 'The Impact of Context on Readings of Teaching Portfolios' International Journal for Academic Development, accepted for publication in May, 2006.
- Bowie, C., Joughin, G., Taylor, P.G., Young, B., and C. Zimitat. (2002). Portfolios from Cyberia. In Schwartz and Webb (Eds.). Assessment. Case studies, experience and practice from higher education. Kogan Page: London.
- Bowie, C., Joughin, G., Taylor, P., Young, B. and Zimitat, C & J. Bain. (2001). Evaluating the Use of Online Course Portfolios for Assessment and Learning in the Graduate Certificate in Flexible Learning Course. In: R. Phillips. (Ed.). Learning-Centred Evaluation of Computer-Facilitated Learning Projects in Higher Education. CUTSD: AGPS.
- Bowie, C. and Benn, L. (2001). SCUC GURUs: Co-operative student support network for orientation, a case study in Chapter 2: Orazem, V.N. and Roller, A.J. Leadership in Action, in Hamid, S. Peer Leadership: A primer on programs and essentials, Monograph No. 32, National resource Centre for the First Year Experience: South Carolina.
Conference Presentations and Abstracts
- Zimitat, C., Taylor, P.G., Bowie, C. and P. Bates. (2001). Student perceptions of teaching and learning in an online environment. Proceedings of The 2nd Learning Conference, Spetses Island, Greece, 4-8 July, 2001.
- Bowie, C., Joughin, G. Taylor, P.G. Young, B and C. Zimitat. (2000). Teaching, Learning and assessment in the Graduate Certificate in Flexible Learning. ASCILITE Conference, Coffs Harbour, 9-14 December, 2000.
- Bowie, C., Joughin, G. Taylor, P.G. Young, B and C. Zimitat. (2000). Evaluating more flexible approaches to teaching for learning. HERDSA/ASET Conference, Toowoomba, 1-4 July, 2000.
- Bowie, C., Joughin, G. Taylor, P.G. Young, B and C. Zimitat. (2000). Evaluating the university-wide adoption of flexible learning practices. HERDSA/ASET Conference, Toowoomba, 1-4 July, 2000.
- Bowie, C., Taylor, P.G. and C. Zimitat. (2000). Using on-line course portfolios for assessment and learning in the Graduate Certificate in Flexible Learning. HERDSA/ASET Conference, Toowoomba, 1-4 July, 2000.
Invited Keynotes and Presentations
- Bowie, C. (2007) Teaching For Learning: Learning For Teaching, Keynote presentation at the Teaching of Teachers Seminar, Swiss Public Health School+, Geissbach, Brienz, Switzerland, 28 August, 2007.
- Bowie, C. (2007) Designing and Assessing for Learning, Keynote Workshop presentation at the Teaching of Teachers Seminar, Swiss Public Health School+, Geissbach, Brienz, Switzerland, 29 August, 2007.
- Bowie, C. (2002) Swiss Tropical Institute Consultancy to facilitate completion of the design, development and implementation of the new problem-based learning postgraduate program (University of Basel, Switzerland
- Bowie, C. (2000) Teaching For learning: Learning For Teaching at Swiss Tropical Institute (STI)
Interstate and Local Consultancies
- Bowie, C. (2002) Consultant to University of Queensland VACS in Engineering to facilitate development of an evaluation program for the project. (UQ Brisbane)
- Bowie, C. (2001, 2002, 2005-6) Consultant for a Retention study for School of Microelectronic Engineering, Griffith University
- Bowie, C. (1999) University of New England Consultancy, Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Evaluation and workshop
- Bowie, C. (prior to 1999) Sessional Staff Teaching and Learning Workshops run at University of New England and University of Newcastle
Service to the Academic Community
- Member, Academic Committee 2000-2003
- Member, Group-based Assessment Working Party, Academic Committee. 2002-2003
- Member, Griffith University Retention Strategic Improvement Project 2001-2003
- Member, Griffith University Sports Scholarship Committee 2001-2003
- Editor of Higher Education Research and Development 2001-2002
- Treasurer of Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australia Queensland; 2000-2004.
- National Executive Committee Member of Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australia; 1998-2003.
Prizes, Awards and Fellowships
- Bloom Gutmann Prize RACI Electrochemistry Division, Best Young Author Presentation (1991)
- Griffith Institute for Higher Education Sem 2 Fellowship (1994)
- Stranks Memorial RACI Schools Lecturer 1997 (Royal Australian Chemical Institute.)
- Tasmanian RACI Schools Lecturer 1996
- Queensland RACI Schools Lecturer 1994
- 1992 Griffith University Sports Star of the Year
- 1991 Griffith University Service to Sport Award
- 1990 and 1991 Griffith University Sports Full Blue - Volleyball