- Crime script analysis/offender modus operandi
- Situational crime prevention
- Sexual offending
Ongoing research projects
- What works, what doesn’t, and what is promising for preventing sexual violence and abuse: The effectiveness of situational prevention (ARC Discovery Project, 2013-2015) $379 000 (Leclerc, B., Wortley, R., Reynald, D. and Smallbone, S.)
- Understanding and preventing youth sexual violence and abuse: An investigation of offender development, offending onset and progression (ARC Discovery Project, 2011-2014) (Smallbone, S., Leclerc, B. and Allard, T.)
- Crime scripts and the situational analysis of driving while impaired. (Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Insight Development Project, 2013-14). (Blais, E. and Leclerc, B.).