- Professor Mental Health, Population and Social Health Research Program, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Queensland Australia (January 2013 - present).
- Associate Professor Mental Health, Population and Social Health Research Program, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Queensland, Australia (December 2010 - December 2012).
- Clinical Associate Professor, School of Nursing and School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland (March 2010 – present).
- Visiting Fellow in School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, United Kingdom (April 2000 – present).
- Director, Clinical Research & Resource Centre, Mental Health and Addictions, Waitemata District Health Board, Auckland (Aug 1998 – Dec 2010).
- Clinical Specialist Pharmacist (Mental Health), Community Forensic Mental Health Team, Waitemata District Health Board, Auckland (Aug 1998 – Dec 2010).
- Senior Clinical Lecturer, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland (Oct 2002 – March 2010).
- Mental Health Pharmacist (Community and Acute Care), Waitemata District Health Board, Auckland (Oct 1995 – July 1998).
- Manager Outpatient Dispensary/Clinical Pharmacist Mental Health, St James University Hospital, NHS Trust, Leeds, United Kingdom (Oct 1992 – July 1994).
- Pharmacist, Carrington Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand (Dec 1990 – March 1992).
- Intern Pharmacist, Greenlane Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand (Dec 1989 – Dec 1990).
- 2013, Griffith Health Excellence Awards (Outstanding research success and work in the area of mental Health and addictions), Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia.
- 2012, Health Excellence Awards (Excellence in Research or Technology Poster Award), Waitemata DHB, Auckland, NZ.
- 2010, Delegates Choice Award (Poster), Medical Education Meeting: Current and future treatment options in psychosis, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2008, Oral Presentation Award, United Kingdom Psychiatric Pharmacy 33rd Annual Conference, Reading, United Kingdom.
- 2007, Peoples Choice Award (Poster), DHBRF Innovations for Health Workshop, Wellington, NZ.
- 2006, Clinical Achievement Award (Highly Commended – Research), Waitemata DHB, Auckland, NZ
- 2005, Dennis Pickup Clinical Teacher Award, University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ.
- 2005, Clinical Achievement Award (First place Poster Presentation - Research), Waitemata DHB, Auckland, NZ.
- 2003, The Eli Lilly Schizophrenia Annual Research Awards, NZ.
- 2002, Clinical Achievement Award (First place Oral Presentation), Waitemata DHB, Auckland, NZ.
- 2002, John Dobson Memorial Prize, (Oral presentation) Cutting Edge 7th National Alcohol, Drug and Addiction Treatment Conference, Nelson, NZ.
- 2002, Best Overall Paper,NZ Healthcare Pharmacists Conference, Christchurch, NZ.
- 2001, Clinical Achievement Award (Poster prize), Waitemata DHB, Auckland, NZ.
- 1989, Adis Press Award for Drug Information and Literature Evaluation, University of Otago, Dunedin, NZ.
- 1989, Syd Little Memorial Prize for Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, University of Otago, Dunedin, NZ.
- 1986, Edson Prize in Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, NZ.
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (2011-present) Reg No. PHA0001624350 (Pharmacist).
- College of Mental Health Pharmacists, United Kingdom (2008-present) Reg No. 08007.
- Australasian Professional Society on Alcohol and other Drugs (2005-present) Reg No. 05.417.
- Pharmacy Council of New Zealand 1990-present) Reg No. 06355.
- Health Services Research Association of Australia and New Zealand (2011 - present).
Teaching and Assessor roles
My contribution to teaching has spanned a broad range of disciplines in postgraduate and undergraduate education in New Zealand and Australia since 1993. This has included extensive experience as an educator for both students and health care workers in quality use of medicines in mental health and medicines management. I have also contributed as a teacher and assessor to undergraduate and postgraduate courses across a variety of professional and clinical disciplines in my specialised practice of mental health and addictions. Additionally, I have supervised undergraduate research students over summer semester programs and visiting Master of Pharmacy students from Uppsala University in Sweden over six months completing research dissertations. My postgraduate supervision is within the Master of Health Science program at Auckland University and the Doctor of Philosophy program at Griffith University.
Internal Level 2
- Member, Griffith Health Group Research Promotions Committee (2013 - present).
- Member, Population & Social Health Research Program Steering Committee (2011 – present).
- Member, Griffith Health Research Committee (2011 – 2013).
- Co-Chair, School of Human Services Research Committee (2011 - 2012).
- Member, Research and Innovation Working Party, Health Campus Business Plan, Waitemata District Health Board (2009 - 2010).
Internal Level 3
- Member, Human Services School Committee (2012 - present).
- Member, School of Human Services Conference Funding Committee (2011 – present).
External Level 1
- Member, Community Mental Health Workforce Strategy Industry Leaders Workgroups, Queensland Department of Communities & Queensland Alliance.
- International Advisor, Editorial Board, Journal of Pharmaceutical Policy and Practice.
- Consultant, Clinical Reform Project for Mental Health Directorate and Gold Coast Mental Health Services, Queensland Health (Sept-Nov 2010).
- Member, Clozaril Advisory Board, Novartis NZ Ltd (2005-2006).
- Member, Advisory Board, Glaxo-Wellcome NZ Ltd (2003).
External Level 2
- Member, Research Steering Committee and Working Group Logan-Beaudesert Mental Health Services, Queensland Health (2011 – present).
- Member, Pharmacist Prescribing Collaboration of Australia and New Zealand Executive (2009- present).
- Member (Mental Health), Health and Research Ethics Committee, MetroSouth, Queensland Health (2011 – present).
- Member, HealthLinq Management Committee, University of Queensland (2011 – present).
- Member, Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health Advisory Group (2011- present).
- Member, Professional Liaison Committee, New Zealand subcommittee of Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (2007 – 2010).
- Facilitator, Upper North Island Mental Health Pharmacists Group Continuing Education and Peer-review Meetings (2005-2010).
- Facilitator, Professional Development and Accreditation Working Group, Mental Health Pharmacists Special Interest Group of NZ Healthcare Pharmacists Association (2007 – 2009).
External Level 3
- Member, Queensland Mental Health Pharmacists Group (2011 – present).