How to print from your personal Mac.
Follow these guides install print settings and print at Griffith from your personal Apple Mac.
Install print settings
1. Open System Preferences (click the Apple icon in the top left hand corner of screen) > select System Preferences.
2. Click the Printers & Scanners icon.
3. Click + icon to add a printer.
4. Click student_print. Once details have been detected > click Add.
5. Test the print queue was added successfully by sending a print job to the queue.
It should appear as a pending Job Release in your myPrint Portal.
How to Print
1. Select the document you want to print > click Print > select student_print as the print destination (select from dropdown)
2. When prompted log in with your student number (eg. s123456) and Griffith Single Sign-on password.
3. Check print settings are correct (e.g. Colour, Black and White, copies, double sided etc.) > Print.
You can check if your document has been successfully sent to the print queue. Login to your myPrint portal https://myprint.griffith.edu.au > click Jobs Pending Release.
Under Jobs Pending Release > your print jobs will be listed. Logout of your myPrint Portal.
4. Locate a Griffith printer and release your print job.
5. Once your job has printed successfully > press Log Out.