Strategic and Operational Planning plays a key role in the coordination of the University's planning activities, including Griffith's Annual Planning Cycle, the provision of all planning data and support to clients and stakeholders.
Planning and Reports
Staircase Reports and the KPI Dashboard provide biannual feedback on element performance (School, Department and Research Centre) to assist Heads of Elements and Centre Directors in identifying strengths and areas in need of improvement in the key areas of research and learning.A streamlined approach to planning allows the University to respond to an increasingly competitive and changing environment at the individual, group and whole-of-organisation levels.
The Strategic Plan
The Strategic Plan 2013-2017 focuses on:
- Two core areas of Research and Learning with the supporting areas of staffing, resources and funding;
- Explicit benchmarked performance indicators and targets;
- Achieving recognised international excellence through strategically investing in selected areas; and
- building the University's distinctiveness through a global citizenship strategy and associated teaching and learning and research activities.
Griffith Planning Framework
The Griffith Planning Framework has been developed to ensure that at all levels of the University, organisational effort and resources are focussed on advancing Griffith’s vision, mission and strategic goals.The framework incorporates:
- A five year strategic planning cycle; and
- An annual operational planning and budget cycle.
The Griffith Planning Framework provides for 3 tiers of interlocking plans that support the cascading of the Strategic Plan goals and strategies throughout the University:
- University Strategic Plan
- Core activity and supporting plans
- Group and Divisional Strategic and Operational Plans
The Group Strategic and Operational Plans are in turn supported by the Strategic and Staircase Model KPIs at element (School, Department and Research Centre) level for end-to-end planning and performance management.
Get in Touch
Have a question for the Strategic and Operational Planning team?