Trimester and Annual parking permits
A parking permit is best suited for staff and students who regularly and consistently park on campus.
A permit allows you to park on campuses within the zone the permit is valid for. The permit holders number plate is linked to their permit so nothing needs to be displayed on the vehicle and no additional daily payment is required when parking.
A limited number of Trimester and Annual permits are available for each period and it is recommended you take note of upcoming sale dates to avoid disappointment.
For those who visit campus less frequently and for shorter periods of time, flexible casual parking remains a great option for you.
Note that there is no parking available at South Bank campus.
How to apply for a permit
Staff and students should apply for parking permits through the Griffith portal.
- Read the request form and click "Continue".
- Read Terms and Conditions and click "I agree".
- Review your contact details and continue.
- Click on permit required in the "Available" column. If the box is greyed out and cannot be selected, that permit is sold out and is no longer available.
- Click to continue to payment method. Payment can be made online by credit card, salary deduction (post-tax -eligible staff only) or salary packaging (pre-tax staff only). Due to high volume traffic during peak times it may take multiple attempts to successfully purchase.
- You will know your request has been confirmed once you reach the “Campus Life Parking Permit request confirmation form” page.
- You will receive an automatic email titled “Campus Life Parking Permit Request Confirmation” confirming that your application was successful.
- Once the permit has been created, within 48 hours, you will receive a second email titled “Your New Parking Permit” – this will contain instructions for Managing your Permit via the MyParking self-service portal.
Permits are able to be purchased for your primary campus only. The Parking team are unable to amend your primary campus record, however, can guide you to the processes or team that can.
Note: Purchase of a permit does not guarantee a parking bay will always be available.
Campus parking maps
Special permits are issued on a temporary basis for those who do not hold a Disability permit and require a car park closer to campus buildings. This permit is valid in Special permit zones and can be applied for under the following circumstances:
If your injury or illness prevents you from walking from a University car park to your work or study area. Please provide a doctor’s certificate indicating your circumstances and the expected duration with your application. A maximum of 6 months is possible.
A Special permit can be provided to those who are pregnant. Please provide a doctor’s certificate/letter indicating the due date with your application.
Note: The temporary Special permit application form is only available for permit holders. If you do not hold a valid permit please contact the Parking team directly for further information.
Nathan campus college residents are able to purchase a Residential permit directly through the online portal. These permits provide access to General permit and Residential zones on campus.
As residents are entitled to a parking permit, these are not subject to availability and can be applied for at any time throughout a Trimester, as required.
Is your permit type sold out?
If yes, add your name to the waitlist. This is a post-sale waitlist, lists are not available for permits that have not gone on sale yet.