PARKING REGULATIONS REINSTATED FROM 27 JUNE 2020
Trimester 3 permits are on sale week of 12 October.
Trimester and Annual parking permits
Staff and students who regularly park on campus can purchase available Trimester or Annual parking permits. A limited number of permits are available during each period.
All staff and students are only able to purchase a parking permit from the campus that is listed as the "Primary Campus" on either their staff or student record. The Parking department cannot amend this record, however, can guide you to the processes or team that can.
Note: Purchase of a permit does not guarantee a carpark space will always be available.
* South Bank campus does not have parking areas for staff and students.
How to apply for a permit
Staff and students should apply for parking permits through the Griffith portal.
- Read the request form and click "Continue".
- Read Terms and Conditions and click "I agree".
- Review your contact details and continue.
- Click on permit required in the "Available" column. If the box is greyed out and cannot be selected, that permit is sold out and is no longer available.
- Click to continue to payment method. Payment can be made online by credit card, salary deduction (post-tax -eligible staff only) or salary packaging (pre-tax staff only). Due to high volume traffic during peak times it may take multiple attempts to successfully purchase.
- You will know your request has been confirmed once you reach the “Campus Life Parking Permit request confirmation form” page.
- You will receive an automatic email titled “Campus Life Parking Permit Request Confirmation” confirming that your application was successful.
- Once the permit has been created, within 48 hours, you will receive a second email titled “Your New Parking Permit” – this will contain instructions for Managing your Permit via the MyParking self-service portal.
Special permits enable you to park in a Special Permit zone and are issued on a temporary basis in the following circumstances:
If your injury or illness prevents you from walking from a University car park to your work or study area. Please supply a doctor’s certificate indicating this and the duration with your application. A maximum of 6 months is possible.
A special permit may be provided while the permit holder is pregnant as well as past the expected due date. Please submit a letter or certificate from your doctor indicating the due date with your application.
Note, temporary Special Permits applications are only available for permit holders. If you do not hold a valid permit please contact the Parking Department for further information.
All resident permits are available to purchase directly through the online portal and are released each Trimester. These permits provide access to general permit areas on campus and car parks behind any residential boom-gates.
As residents are entitled to a parking permit, these are not subject to availability and can be applied for at any time throughout a Trimester, as required.
Is your permit type sold out?
If yes, you are able to add your name to the waitlist.
Please note that this is a post-sale waitlist. We do not have lists for permits that have not yet gone on sale.