BEd, Dip. (Lib&InfoServ), M.P.Adm.
Pro Vice Chancellor
Head of Logan Campus and University Librarian
Linda O'Brien was appointed as Pro Vice Chancellor and Head of Logan Campus in September 2017, having previously been Pro Vice Chancellor (Information Services) since October 2008. As Head of Logan Campus, Linda is committed to maintaining Logan campus’ deep, mutually beneficial connections with the broader community to create work-ready graduates, deliver impactful research and foster opportunities for local innovation. As University Librarian, Linda is passionate about the value of information as the foundation for learning, research and innovation. She is engaged in a number of international and national initiatives aimed at leveraging innovative information technologies to make research outputs and data more findable, accessible, interoperable and useable.
Linda has published and presented, both nationally and internationally, and contributed to a number of state and national initiatives. Linda is currently a board member of Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) and of the Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation, Chair of the Open Data Institute Australia Network, and a member of the Queensland Public Records Review Committee.
Areas of responsibility
- Executive level leadership and management of the Logan Campus
- Strategic leadership and management of the University’s library services
- Supporting the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) in leadership of the University’s women in leadership agenda
- High level engagement with the Logan community, government and business sectors
- Strategic planning for Logan Campus
- High level external representation of the University nationally and internationally
- Council of Elders
Organisational units reporting to the Pro Vice Chancellor and Head, Logan Campus
- Library and Learning Services
- Indigenous Community Engagement Policy and Partnerships Unit
- Logan Campus Office
- Logan Together