RISE offers research and evaluation services, tailored to the needs of industry, in injury prevention, rehabilitation and staff well-being. These services include:
- Evaluation of industry-based projects and programs;
- Applied research and knowledge transfer techniques to embed findings into workplaces and programs;
- Design of evidence-based intervention programs for industry;
- Systematic reviews of research and reports to distil best practice;
- Provision of ethical clearance services;
- Applied training programs conducted in the workplace.
RISE has an outstanding track record in the delivery of research and evaluation services. Testimony to this record is the number of projects delivered on time, with high levels of customer satisfaction. Examples of such projects include:
- Development of a Community Engagement Model and Measures for injured worker rehabilitation;
- Systematic review of research to identify best practice interventions for the role of social support in the return to work process;
- Evaluation of a stress reduction program for correctional officers;
- Systematic review to identify best practice interventions to reduce customer aggression towards service industry workers;
- Design and implementation of interventions to reduce the severity, intensity and impact of customer aggression on staff wellbeing.
Professor Nicholas Buys
RISE is led by Nick who has a strong business and service delivery background, as well as being a leading academic and researcher in injury prevention and rehabilitation. He has obtained over $5 million in research funding and has authored over 180 peer reviewed publications.