SAVE THE DATE!
18th-19th MARCH 2020
QUEENSLAND STATE LIBRARY
Transforming communities through localising the Global Sustainable Development Goals for Australia.
With the growing importance of the ‘local’ in global issues, the organisers are proud to host an action-oriented conference focusing on localisation and collaboration to address major challenges in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Local action is essential to the success of the global Sustainable Development Goals. This conference will look at how different local stakeholders - including large businesses and SMEs, state and local governments, civil society and community organisations, universities, and schools - are using (or can use) the SDGs to drive local action towards better outcomes for their communities and their world.
The conference aims to:
- Provide a forum to bring stakeholders together to review progress against the SDGs and inspire further collaboration and action.
- Help participants identify key areas of action in their local context that can assist in achieving the SDGs.
- Communicate the latest information from key organisations to guide localisation for the SDGs.
- Share tools, case studies and other resources to assist Australian organisations in engaging with, and contributing to, the SDGs.
- Hosting masterclasses and showcasing case studies to assist Australian organisations in engaging, and contributing to, the SDGs.
Draft program is now available to view.