Reading lists can include any type of resource; either online or print. For print resources the Library can create digitisations (per copyright limits) which students can then access online as a pdf. The steps below are NOT needed for any online resource (i.e. online journal, ebook, streaming video).
Due to copyright requirements, digitised materials have a start and end date that aligns with the period the course is offered. When these dates have lapsed, the digitisations expire, and they need to be re-requested. This also gives list owners an opportunity to review and update the list for any changes. The steps to re-request a digitisation are the same as requesting the initial digitisation as below.
- Click Next at the bottom of the page.
- The next page shows the course details. This information is auto-populated. If needed, you can make some changes.
- The start and end dates default to the time period for the course.
- The Needed by date can be left blank.
- Add or change the Student Numbers if this is blank. This does not need to be exactly correct, an estimate of the number of students is acceptable.
- Click Next.
- The last page shows your name and email. This is auto-populated but you can change if requesting on behalf of someone else.
- Click Next.
There are several possible outcomes after submitting the request. While your request is being processed the Digitisation pending message will display in the action button options .
If the request is not fulfilled immediately, Reading List staff will review and process. An email is sent when the request has been completed or if there is any issue.