Helpful tips to tackle assignments
Understanding what’s required for your assignment, as well as knowing where and how to find information and write effectively, can be beneficial when approaching assignments. We also have helpful pointers for effective group projects.
Introduction to Academic Integrity
This short 10 minute module aims to inform you of the basics of Academic Integrity. It is important that you are aware of the academic standards required of you while studying at Griffith University.
When you study at university you are required to act in an honest way, be responsible for your actions, and show fairness in every part of your work. This is academic integrity.
Breaches of academic integrity, also referred to as academic misconduct, include:
- cheating in exams or tests
- fabricating results or data
- misrepresentation (presenting an untrue statement)
- plagiarism (when work of another is represented as your own original work)
- assisting other students to cheat by selling assignments or giving them access to your assignment.
Academic misconduct can occur when students feel like they are under pressure, or don't have enough time to complete work with integrity. By planning ahead, you can help to manage these situations before they happen.
Academic Integrity Tutorial
Enrol in our Academic Integrity Tutorial following these steps:
- Login to Learning@Griffith using your student/staff username and password.
- Click on the Organisations tab, at the top right of the screen.
- In the Organisation Search box on the left, type 'Academic Integrity Student Tutorial and' click Go.
- Hover your mouse cursor over this Organisation ID 'ACADEMIC_INTGY_A1_TUTORIAL', until you see a small arrow appear.
- Click the small arrow, and click on the word Enrol in the drop down box.
- Check the on-screen details reflect those of the Organisation you want to enrol in.
- Click the Submit button.