Researcher identifier systems can be used to:
- List all of your publications
- Group any name variations you have published under
- Group institutions where you have worked
- Differentiate between authors with similar names
- Improve researcher impact
- Assist with metrics calculations, such as citation counts and h-indexes.
- ORCID (Open Researcher & Contributor ID) - an open, non-profit, registry of unique researcher identifiers for linking research activities and outputs. It can then be used to link to the other 2 major systems:
- ResearcherID on Publons - create and manage a professional profile, add your publications, track your citations and manage your Web of Science record
- Scopus Author Identifier (Elsevier) - automatically assigned author identifiers. You should check that publications assigned to you are correct.