Learning and teaching principles resources
Click on each principle for podcasts, resources, case studies and good practice guides related to that principle.
- Create an engaging, motivating, and intellectually stimulating learning experience.
- Encourage the spirit of critical inquiry and creative innovation informed by current research.
- Emphasise the importance, relevance, and integration of theory and knowledge with professional practice to develop solutions to real world issues.
- Provide learning experiences that develop inter-culturally capable graduates who can make a difference as socially and ethically responsible global citizens.
- Value and recognise individual and cultural diversity through the provision of an inclusive context of support and respect for all students.
- Enhance student engagement and learning through effective curriculum design, pedagogy, use of technology and assessment strategies.
- Continuously improve teaching practice through participation in professional development, and critical reflection informed by a range of evaluation approaches.
About the principles
Griffith's seven principles to promote excellence in learning and teaching practices express the University's values and commitment as a learning-centred, research university.
They are designed to shape collegial conversations about learning and teaching goals, practices and policies.