What is Adaptive Learning?
Unlike traditional activities in which students all receive the same set of tasks in the same order with the same wording, adaptive learning allows activities to be tailored according to students’ learning needs. For example, a multiple-choice question may be asked of a student. If the correct answer is provided, the student moves on to another question. If an incorrect answer is provided, it is evident that the student needs more support to understand the question and reach the correct answer. An adaptive activity may offer customised feedback, an alternative question or a remedial pathway to address this. These alternative questions and remedial pathways may also vary in nature, depending on which incorrect answer was provided by the student. Adaptive learning acknowledges that not every student learns in the same way and that their learning can be better supported if they are given guidance to find correct answers themselves.
- What is Adaptive Learning?
- A Guide for Implementing Adaptive Courseware: From Planning Through Scaling
- Going All In on Personalized Learning
- Adaptive Learning: Five Common Misconceptions
- Let Learners Get in Their Zone (of Proximal Development)
- Oregon State University to Enhance Online Science Lab Courses with Adaptive Learning
- Global Publisher and Adaptive Learning Pioneer Team up to Transform Traditional Classroom Learning into an Award-Winning eLearning Experience for Students
- Signifying innovation: words matter when rapping about education
- Questioning the Core Assumptions of Personalized Learning With Math Blogger Dan Meyer
- Learning To Adapt: Understanding The Adaptive Learning Supplier Landscape
- Learning To Adapt: A Case For Accelerating Adaptive Learning In Higher Education
- Adaptive Learning, Transformational Education, & Next-Generation Assessment
- Supporting adaptive learning pathways through the use of learning analytics: developments, challenges and future opportunities
- The Next Frontier of Adaptive Learning
Discover new pedagogical practices to make more engaging learning experiences. Provided by Smart Sparrow.
Learn about the tool's latest features and find inspiration for structuring your own lessons.
Home to the "Getting Started - Smart Sparrow 101" course, which introduces Smart Sparrow, its capabilities, and the design process.
Find answers to common questions here.