The National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students is established under the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, and provides standards for the conduct of registered providers and the regulations of programs across Australia. The National Code aims to ensure that international students coming to Australia are provided with a very high standard of education.
The National Code 2007 Explanatory Guide is a comprehensive and nationally consistent source of advice and assistance to education providers on the implementation of the National Code 2007.
The National Code comprises 4 sections:
Part A: Principles and Guidelines underpinning the National Code
Part B: Roles and responsibilities of State and Territory Governments in administering the regulatory framework, particularly the registration of programs and providers.
Part C: Outlines provider and program registration requirements on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students.
Part D: Sets out 15 minimum standards for registered providers of education and training to international students. These standards cover commencing and continuing students.
- Standard 1 - Marketing information practices
- Standard 2 - Student engagement before enrolment
- Standard 3 - Formalisation of enrolment
- Standard 4 - Education Agents
- Standard 5 - Younger Students
- Standard 6 - Student Support Services
- Standard 7 - Transfer between registered providers
- Standard 8 - Complaints and Appeals
- Standard 9 - Completion within the expected duration of study
- Standard 10 - Monitoring course progress
- Standard 11 - Monitoring attendance
- Standard 12 - Course Credit
- Standard 13 - Deferring, Suspending or cancelling the student's enrolment
- Standard 14 - Staff capability, educational resources and premises
- Standard 15 - Changes to registered providers' ownership or management
For detailed information please refer to:
- Education Services for Overseas Students
- The National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students
Do you need more information? Have questions? Please visit the Griffith International website.