For: Recognising the significant financial impact of COVID-19 on our international students and their families, this scholarship supports current, continuing international students enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and Study Abroad programs at Griffith University.
Award value and benefits: Scholarship covers 20% of tuition fees in Trimester 2 and 3 2020.
No scholarship application is required. Griffith International will identify eligible students and the 20% scholarship will be applied automatically.
To be eligible students must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand (please refer to Terms and conditions).
- Be a current, continuing student enrolled in an eligible program in Trimester 2 and 3 2020 at Griffith University.
The 2020 International Student Support Scholarships will be offered to eligible students enrolled in undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and Study Abroad programs.
The 20% scholarship will be automatically deducted from the student’s tuition fee account prior to census date, based on their enrolment. The scholarship covers 20% of tuition fees in Trimester 2 and 3 2020. To be eligible to receive the scholarship deduction, students must be enrolled in at least 30CP, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Griffith University academic requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to tuition fees only for students enrolling in Trimester 2 and/or 3 2020 and it will be applied prior to the Griffith University census date. Students who defer commencement to 2021 are not eligible to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers 20% of tuition fees only for undergraduate, postgraduate coursework programs or the Study Abroad Program.
- For current students enrolling in studies in Trimester 2 2020, a deduction of 20% of tuition fees will be applied for enrolment in Trimester 2 and 3 2020.
- For current students enrolling in studies in Trimester 3 2020, a deduction of 20% of tuition fees will be applied for enrolment Trimester 3 2020 only.
- If a student is awarded a Griffith University scholarship that is worth more than 20% of tuition fees, the existing scholarship at the higher value will continue to apply rather than this scholarship.
- Students must be an International Fee Paying student to qualify for the scholarship and each scholarship deduction. Any change from International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- This scholarship is available to students studying onshore in Australia and those who are starting their Griffith studies from outside Australia due to current travel restrictions.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 30CP to receive the tuition fee deduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- Excludes students enrolling in for Higher Degree Research, Exchange studies, Masters Qualifying Program, English language programs at the Griffith English Language Institute, online programs (campus = online), programs delivered offshore, and students who defer commencement to 2021.
If students are assessed to be eligible for this scholarship, they do not need to take any further action as the scholarship will be applied automatically prior to the census date. Fees payable, based on the student’s enrolment, must be paid by census date.