For: High-achieving students applying for the Doctor of Medicine program at Griffith University. If you do not have a Letter of Offer for your degree program, please visit 'How to apply' for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission before lodging a scholarship application.
Award value and benefits: $10,000 in total (two payments of $5,000 in first year of the program).
- Trimester 1 2020 – Applications close Friday, 29 November 2019 (for 20 January 2020 commencement). Outcome notified by 13 December 2019.
Can I apply?
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into the Doctor of Medicine by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Doctor of Medicine degree at Griffith University.
What do I include in my application?
Applicants must provide and will be assessed by a University panel on:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing date.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement addressing the three questions listed below for applicants to outline their merit for the scholarship:
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your knowledge of the profession of medicine and the broader role of medicine in the health care system.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your leadership and team work skills. Please also indicate your career plans for the future.
- Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.
Scholarships will be assessed and awarded based on recommendations by a University panel.
This scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total. The scholarship is for tuition fees only and two payments of $5,000 will be made toward each recipient’s tuition fees in the first year of the program by School of Medicine's respective census dates.
- Griffith University entry requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to Doctor of Medicine tuition fees only.
- Scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total. Two payments of $5,000 will be made toward each recipient’s tuition fees in the first year of the program. Each deduction will be applied by the School of Medicine census dates in the first year of the program.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Students must be enrolled full-time to receive the tuition fee reduction.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all courses in each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Deferral of scholarships is not permitted.
Scholarship applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship.
Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn. Please note that students need to accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.