For: High-achieving international high school students applying for undergraduate studies at Griffith University. If you do not have a Letter of Offer for your degree program, please visit 'How to apply' for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission before lodging a scholarship application.
Award value and benefits: Scholarship covers 25% of tuition fees for the duration of the program.
- Trimester 1 2020 – Applications close Friday, 29 November 2019 (for 24 February commencement). Outcome notified by 13 December.
- Trimester 2 2020 – Applications close Friday, 17 April 2020 (for 6 July commencement). Outcome notified by 1 May.
- Trimester 3 2020 – Applications close Friday, 7 August 2020 (for 26 October commencement). Outcome notified by 21 August.
International Student Australian School Leavers Only
- Trimester 1 2020 – Applications close Monday, 16 December 2019 (for 24 February commencement). Outcome notified by 20 December.
Can I apply?
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Be a graduate or graduating from a high school in Australia or overseas and have not previously attempted tertiary study. Please refer to minimum GPA criteria (PDF).
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into an undergraduate degree by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in an undergraduate degree in Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2020 at Griffith University.
What do I include in my application?
Applicants must provide:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing dates.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
Each intake, Griffith International will award scholarships to the students with the highest academic entry scores commencing in an eligible degree program.
The scholarship covers 25% of tuition fees that will be deducted from undergraduate tuition fees for the duration of the program. Each deduction will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- Griffith University entry requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to undergraduate tuition fees only.
- The scholarship covers 25% of undergraduate tuition fees only for the ‘Duration’ of the program. The course duration is defined as the ‘Program Length’ as stated in your Letter of Offer, less any credit received for previous study. Each deduction will be applied by the census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- Students must be an International Fee Paying student to qualify for the scholarship and each scholarship deduction. Any change from International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (40 CP) to receive the tuition fee deduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all courses in each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Excludes applicants for online, non-award, offshore delivered programs, and students that defer commencement to 2021.
Scholarship applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship.
Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn. Please note that students need to accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.