Our Griffith Remarkable Scholarship rewards exceptional students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degree programs at Griffith University.
50% of tuition fees
Valid for your whole degree
Level of study
Undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs
Trimester 3 2021, Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2022
To be eligible you must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have a minimum GPA in previous studies of 5.5 or above on a 7 point scale or equivalent. Check your suitability in the Minimum GPA criteria (PDF).
- Have applied to study at Griffith by the scholarship application closing date.
- Satisfy all academic and English language entry requirements for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program.
- Be a full-time student (40CP) starting in Trimester 3 2021 or Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2022.
Read the terms and conditions below to understand all the requirements of this scholarship.
With you all the way
Start your Griffith University study online and then join us here in Australia when travel restrictions are lifted
How to apply
Follow these steps to apply and we will let you know if you have been successful.
- Apply to study an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Griffith University.
- Apply for the scholarship by the closing date (see below). You will need to include academic records and a personal statement.
- A University panel will review your application.
- We will let you know the outcome of your application.
Receiving the scholarship
- To receive the scholarship you will need to accept both your program offer and the scholarship by the deadline. If you don’t accept the scholarship by the date specified in your Letter of Offer, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- Once you start studying at Griffith the scholarship will be applied prior to the census date of each trimester on meeting the ongoing enrolment requirements (see below). You must pay the remaining balance of fees, based on your enrolment, by census date.
Application closing dates
Trimester 3 2021
- Apply by: 6 August 2021
- Receive outcome by: 20 August 2021
Trimester starts: 8 November 2021
Trimester 1 2022
- Apply by: 3 December 2021
- Receive outcome by: 17 December 2021
Students completing Year 12 only
- Apply by: 20 December 2021
- Receive outcome by: 24 December 2021
Trimester starts: 14 March 2022
Trimester 2 2022
- Apply by: 18 April 2022
- Receive outcome by: 6 May 2022
Trimester starts: 18 July 2022
Trimester 3 2022
- Apply by: 5 August 2022
- Receive outcome by: 19 August 2022
Trimester starts: 7 November 2022
I chose to study at Griffith because beside being a renowned institution it has great financial support for international students. I was awarded the International Student Excellence Scholarship and this formulated part of my decision to study at Griffith. Education is a high value investment, especially as an international student! Without Griffith support, acknowledging my achievements in my undergraduate studies and believing in my capacity toward my masters, I would not be able to continue my studies.
Rafaella Mogiz Silva Leite Carvalho, Master of Architecture
Terms and conditions
- Griffith University academic and English language entry requirements apply, including results of previous study and English language proficiency.
- Scholarship applies to undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees only.
- The scholarship covers 50% of undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees only for the duration of the program on meeting the ongoing enrolment requirements (see below). The course duration is defined as the Program Length of the first degree program as stated in your Letter of Offer, less any credit received for previous study. Each deduction will be applied by the census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- Students must be International Fee Paying to qualify for the scholarship and each scholarship deduction. Any change from International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Excludes students enrolling in Higher Degree Research, online programs (campus = online), non-award, Masters Qualifying Program, MBA (program code 5670), English language programs at the Griffith English Language Institute, programs that are only offered part time and programs delivered offshore in collaboration with a partner organisation.
- Deferral of scholarships is not permitted.
Ongoing enrolment requirements
- Students must be enrolled full-time (40CP) to receive the tuition fee deduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued by Griffith International Admissions.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all the requirements for each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester. A minimum cumulative GPA of 5.5 on a 7.0 grading scale must be maintained to qualify for each tuition fee deduction in the following trimester of enrolment.