For: High-achieving students applying for the Bachelor of Medical Science program at Griffith University. This degree, designed for high-achieving secondary school leavers, provides the opportunity for you to progress directly into our Doctor of Medicine (5099). If you do not have a Letter of Offer for your degree program, please visit 'How to apply' for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission before lodging a scholarship application.
Award value and benefits: $10,000 in total (two payments of $5,000 in first year of the program).
- Trimester 1 2020 – Applications close Friday, 29 November 2019 (for 24 February commencement). Outcome notified by 13 December.
Can I apply?
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into the Bachelor of Medical Science by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Bachelor of Medical Science degree in Trimester 1 2020 at Griffith University.
What do I include in my application?
Applicants must provide and will be assessed by a University panel on:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing date.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement addressing the three questions listed below for applicants to outline their merit for the scholarship.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your knowledge of the profession of medicine and the broader role of medicine in the health care system.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your leadership and team work skills. Please also indicate your career plans for the future.
- Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.
Scholarships will be assessed and awarded based on recommendations by a University panel.
Scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total and is for tuition fees only. Two deductions of $5,000 will be applied in the first trimester and second trimester of the program. It will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- Griffith University entry requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to Bachelor of Medical Science tuition fees only.
- Scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total and is for tuition fees only. Two deductions of $5,000 will be applied in the first trimester and second trimester of the program. It will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- Students must be an International Fee Paying student to qualify for the scholarship and each scholarship deduction. Any change from International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (40 CP) to receive the tuition fee deduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all courses in each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Deferral of scholarships is not permitted.
Scholarship applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship.
Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn. Please note that students need to accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.