Our International Student Academic Merit Scholarship rewards high achieving international students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs at Griffith University.
20% of tuition fees
Valid for your whole degree
Level of study
Undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs
Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2021
To be eligible you must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have a minimum GPA in previous studies of 5.0 to 5.49 on a 7 point scale or equivalent. Check your suitability in the Minimum GPA criteria (PDF).
- Satisfy all academic and English language entry requirements for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program.
- Be a full-time student starting in either Trimester 3 2020, or Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2021.
Read the terms and conditions below to understand all the requirements of this scholarship.
How to apply
You don't need to apply for the scholarship, we've kept it as easy as possible. Just apply to study at Griffith and we will let you know if you have been successful.
- Apply to study an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program at Griffith University.
- We will assess your application for eligibility.
- If you are successful we will advise you in your Letter of Offer, in Tuition and other fees - Additional information.
Receiving the scholarship
- Once you start studying at Griffith the scholarship will be applied prior to the census date of each relevant trimester. You must pay the remaining balance of fees, based on your enrolment, by census date.
- To maintain the scholarship deduction you must be enrolled full-time (40CP) in your program, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
With you all the way
Start your Griffith University study online and then join us here in Australia when travel restrictions are lifted
One of my favourite things about studying at Griffith University is the wonderful international atmosphere you find on campus. It is very welcoming for an international student. I was also thrilled to be awarded a Scholarship which has helped me on my academic journey. I have found the support services to be very informative about my study needs as well as opportunities available to students on campus.
Ho Sze Wong (Angel), Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management
Terms and conditions
- Griffith University academic and English language entry requirements apply, including results of previous study and English language proficiency.
- Scholarship applies to tuition fees only for students commencing in Trimester 3 2020, and Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2021. Students who defer commencement to 2022 or later are not eligible to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers 20% of undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees only for the ‘Duration’ of the program. The duration is defined as the ‘Program Length’ as stated in your Letter of Offer, less any credit received for previous study. Each deduction will be applied by the census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- If a student is awarded a Griffith University scholarship that is worth more than 20% of tuition fees, the scholarship at the higher value will apply rather than this scholarship.
- Students must be International Fee Paying to qualify for the scholarship and each scholarship deduction. Any change from International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- Excludes students enrolling in Higher Degree Research, non-award, Masters Qualifying Program, MBA (program code 5670), English language programs at the Griffith English Language Institute, programs delivered offshore in collaboration with a partner organisation, and students who defer commencement to 2022 or later.
Ongoing enrolment requirements
- Students must be enrolled full-time (40CP) to receive the tuition fee deduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued by Griffith International Admissions.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all the requirements for each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester. A minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0 to 5.49 on a 7 point scale or equivalent grading scale must be maintained to qualify for each tuition fee deduction in the following trimester of enrolment.