International student excellence Gaokao scholarship – China
For: High-achieving Gaokao students applying for undergraduate studies at Griffith University, including students requiring English language study prior to commencing their degree program. Please visit 'How to apply' for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission to an undergraduate program.
Available to: Commencing undergraduate students in Trimester 1, 2 and 3 2018. See 'Eligibility' for more information.
Level of study: Undergraduate.
Citizenship: Citizens of China, or holder of a Permanent Resident visa from this country.
Award value and benefits: Scholarship covers 25 % of tuition fees throughout the undergraduate degree program. Students must be enrolled full-time to receive the tuition fee reduction.
Duration: Length of program.
Programs of study: Undergraduate programs (excludes online, non-award, Oral Health, Medicine and offshore delivered programs, and students that defer commencement to 2019).
Applications open: Now
- Trimester 1 2018 – Applications close Friday, 1 December 2017 (for 26 February commencement). Outcome notified by 15 December.
- Trimester 2 2018 – Applications close Friday, 18 May 2018 (for 9 July commencement). Outcome notified by 1 June.
- Trimester 3 2018 – Applications close Friday, 7 September 2018 (for 29 October commencement). Outcome notified by 21 September.
- Be a graduate or graduating with a Gaokao score with a minimum GPA. Please refer to minimum GPA criteria (PDF).
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of China, subject to satisfying all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, which also includes students requiring English language study to meet the English language proficiency as per Griffith University's entry requirements.
- Be commencing (not existing) and enrolling as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree in Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2018 at Griffith University.
Applicants must provide:
- a completed scholarship application form by the published closing dates.
- a certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit as outlined in Eligibility section.
Each intake, Griffith International will identify the students with the highest academic entry scores commencing in an eligible degree program.
International student excellence scholarships will be awarded to students entering undergraduate programs.
The scholarship covers 25 % of tuition fees that will be deducted from undergraduate tuition fees for the duration of the program. Each deduction will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
Scholarship applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship.
Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn. Please note that students need accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.