Griffith Remarkable scholarship
For: Outstanding students applying for undergraduate and postgraduate coursework studies at Griffith University. Please visit 'How to apply' for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission to a program.
Available to: Commencing students in Trimester 1, 2 and 3 2018. See 'Eligibility' for more information.
Level of study: Undergraduate and postgraduate.
Citizenship: Citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
Award value and benefits: Scholarship covers 50 % of tuition fees throughout the undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program. Students must be enrolled full-time to receive the tuition fee reduction.
Duration: Up to six trimesters of study.
Programs of study: Undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs (excludes online, non-award and offshore delivered programs, and students that defer commencement to 2019).
Applications open: Now.
- Trimester 1 2018 – Applications close Friday, 1 December 2017 (for 26 February commencement). Outcome notified by 15 December.
- Trimester 2 2018 – Applications close Friday, 18 May 2018 (for 9 July commencement). Outcome notified by 1 June.
- Trimester 3 2018 – Applications close Friday, 7 September 2018 (for 29 October commencement). Outcome notified by 21 September.
- Have a minimum GPA or equivalent in previous studies for undergraduate degree applicants. Please refer to minimum GPA criteria (PDF). Postgraduate coursework applicants must have a minimum GPA in undergraduate studies of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or 5.5 on a 7.0 scale.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into an undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degree by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's entry requirements.
- Be commencing (not existing) and enrolling as a full-time student in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree Trimester 1, 2 or 3 2018 at Griffith University.
Scholarships will be assessed by a panel on the following criteria:
- Academic merit in prior studies. Applicants must provide a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Applicant is in receipt of either a conditional or unconditional offer, or has applied, for entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree by the scholarship closing date.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement that addresses why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship.
The scholarship covers 50 % of tuition fees that will be deducted from undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees for the duration of the program.
Each deduction will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all the requirements for each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester. A minimum cumulative GPA of 5.5 on a 7.0 grading scale must be maintained to qualify for each tuition fee deduction.
Griffith International will identify eligible students and they will be advised in writing offering a scholarship.
Students will also be given a date by which to accept the scholarship. Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn. Please note that students need accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.