Griffith International Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships
For: Outstanding international high school graduates applying for undergraduate studies at Griffith University.
Available to: New future students.
Level of study: Undergraduate.
Citizenship: Citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
Award value and benefits: $5,000 in total. (Two tuition payments of $2,500 each).
Duration: 2 semesters.
Programs of study: All undergraduate (excluding online, non-award, offshore delivery and where students are given advanced standing or credit for previous studies). A maximum of one scholarship will be awarded annually to applicants for the following degrees: Bachelor of Medical Science, Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Science, Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental Technology, Bachelor of Exercise Science, Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics, Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science Advanced with Honours.
Applications open: Now.
- Semester 1 - Applications close 30 November (for January or February commencement). Outcome notified by end of December.
- Semester 2 - Applications close 30 April (for July commencement). Outcome notified by end of May.
- have a minimum GPA in high school studies. Please refer to Minimum academic criteria to apply (PDF 342k).
- have applied to Griffith University and satisfy all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's Undergraduate Entry Requirements.
- be a commencing (not existing) student at Griffith University.
- be enrolling as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree at Griffith University.
Applicants must provide:
- a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit as outlined in Eligibility section.
- two letters of reference addressing demonstrated leadership ability and personal character.
- a personal statement which includes why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship.
Applicants are assessed by a panel which will consider previous academic results, personal statement and references.
Griffith International seeks to attract a diverse student cohort in terms of nationality and study discipline and reserves the right to distribute scholarships accordingly.
Griffith International offers Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships valued at $5,000 each to outstanding international high school graduates applying for undergraduate studies at Griffith University. Two payments of $2,500 will be made towards each recipient's tuition fees in the first and second semester of the first year of their program.
Scholarship applicants will usually be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship within one month of the application closing date and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship. Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn.